General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
My blood pressure is fine, thanks for asking. But we're not actively looking to sell anyone. As you now know, Eastwood isn't going and it's very unlikely anyone will go.
I'm sure you are right and that we aren't actively looking to sell. But at our level, every player at every club is for sale - it just depends on the size of the offer. As you say, 'unlikely' but certainly not impossible.

My blood pressure is fine, thanks for asking. But we're not actively looking to sell anyone. As you now know, Eastwood isn't going and it's very unlikely anyone will go.

Well done, you managed a whole post without a single ! ;-)

Sorry bud but all of our players are for sale. If any team comes in with a good enough offer for Whyte, Brannagan, Dickie or anyone else they is gone!
It’s okay for fans to speculate, moan, hold discussions and even criticise the club. Relax remember your blood pressure.
More worried about the blood pressure of people who spend all day on this forum in a perpetual impotent rage at the state of how the club is being run.

Me and Scotchers could yet be wrong. At least we're enjoying our summer a bit more while we wait to find out.

He's going nowhere, and never has been! Whyte isn't for sale either. Nor is Brannagan. And Dickie will be offered an extended contract once the window closes.

Don't believe everything you read on here!!!
Every player has a price and I don't think it would take the player themselves much persuading if a bigger club comes calling.

Even you must be doubting what your "source" at the club is telling you?
I know we are trying to bring more players in let's hope Eastwood keeps his nerve until the end of the transfer window.

I thought I heard Eastwood say (in an aftermatch interview with Radio Oxford - which I can't find now) that he was here until next Summer - "or January at least". Anyone else hear this or did I dream it? If I didn't dream it - I presume that Eastwood has something planned and we're looking to cash in?

Yeah, sounded very much like he wanted to play in the Championship, if not with us then somebody else.

Maybe he needs to cut down his miles in between games.. Robinson very annoyed with his form and motorway mileage in between games...

Furniture jokes are not far from the truth and his mrs’s and family moved back up north in the summer.

Has been in a 3 player shared house and even after last night, he was straight up north as today was a day off.

He very close to joining Blackburn in the summer. Don’t rule out a jan move close to his Yorkshire roots.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Maybe he needs to cut down his miles in between games.. Robinson very annoyed with his form and motorway mileage in between games...

Furniture jokes are not far from the truth and his mrs’s and family moved back up north in the summer.

Has been in a 3 player shared house and even after last night, he was straight up north as today was a day off.

He very close to joining Blackburn in the summer. Don’t rule out a jan move close to his Yorkshire roots.
That makes sense, must be awful to be away from family , he is hardly a young player starting out , good luck to him whatever he decides

That makes sense, must be awful to be away from family , he is hardly a young player starting out , good luck to him whatever he decides
Will be a huge hole to fill. We would need to spend some serious money to replay him. Robbo says he's the best in L1, so we will be looking for the best of L2 or Championship?

If he's doing that it's no wonder he's been a bit off and it cannot continue for long IMO

Will be a huge hole to fill. We would need to spend some serious money to replay him. Robbo says he's the best in L1, so we will be looking for the best of L2 or Championship?
I wouldn’t pay too much attention to certain hyperbole or claims made about who is or isn’t a good player. That changes like the wind and is never consistent.

He wasn’t at his best last season either after the injury but he’s been shakier this term. He looks hesitant, doesn’t get down to low shots properly, and seems to make rash decisions far more frequently. He’s gone from Mr Dependable to Mr Unpredictable when there’s a ball to be dealt with, be it in the air or on the ground. He also looks a stone heavier and doesn’t move as freely around the box as a result, and is slower in rushing out, hence his seemingly poor decision making at times - he’s not as agile and his mind and body don’t look in sync when he’s trying to come out for a claim. If he’s up and down the motorway at every chance then that’s bad for the body and is tiring, physically and mentally. He’s still an excellent shot stopper and generally performs really well when one on one, he isn’t a calamity keeper by any means, but he’s increasingly unsteady and by his own standards he’s been well off the pace this season. He’s gone from being a great goalkeeper at this level to one who ranges from decent to ropey, with no sense of which he’ll be game by game. Also, when he makes a mistake he doesn’t even flinch anymore. Both after the opening goal for Accrington when he messed up the high ball, and against Gillingham when he stupidly tried to shepherd the ball out and they hit the post, which also led to Mousinho taking a knock when trying to keep it out, he didn’t even raise a hand in apology. He just put his head down and said / did absolutely nothing. It’s the body language and behaviour of somebody who is low on confidence, or is generally struggling with motivation.

I hope he can find his mojo, but the second his wife and kids left it was going to be a test and a big adjustment. I don’t think anybody can blame him in that regard - it won’t be easy and I think it would impact most of us. But it definitely has done.

Simon Eastwood returned from his injury last year for the Plymouth game at home in October. He was sent off against Charlton and missed the Shrewsbury game away. Excluding those games we have accumalated 64 points from 44 league games he has played in. I think he brings solidity to the defence and he is a major reason for the improvement in our form in the league over the last 12 months. Saying that I would have hoped Jack Stephens might have played in the Football League trophy to give him some expierince at senior level.

Some people are becoming hypercritical about Eastwood. He hasn't been consistently at the top of his game, but he is still making match-salvaging saves and a slightly below par Simon Eastwood is better than most other L1 keepers. I hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom