General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to picture the conversation.

Mrs Eastwood: “Hi Simon, I’ve got a new job and I’m moving back up North with the kids”

Simon Eastwood: “That’s great news love. I tell you what, as it will just be me here why don’t you sell all of our expensive furniture for a much lower amount on Facebook. I can always buy a deck chair from Argos & use an upturned bin as a coffee table.”

Mrs Eastwood: “Great idea, I’ll do that right away. Perhaps I should put a deadline on when I need the furniture gone. Maybe July or August, which also coincidentally ties in with when you’ll be kicking off the new football season.”

Simon Eastwood: “Cracking idea love. Right I’m just off to close down my goalkeeping academy, I’ll be back for tea”.

Yep, all sounds perfectly clear to me that he’s staying.

Just trying to picture the conversation.

Mrs Eastwood: “Hi Simon, I’ve got a new job and I’m moving back up North with the kids”

Simon Eastwood: “That’s great news love. I tell you what, as it will just be me here why don’t you sell all of our expensive furniture for a much lower amount on Facebook. I can always buy a deck chair from Argos & use an upturned bin as a coffee table.”

Mrs Eastwood: “Great idea, I’ll do that right away. Perhaps I should put a deadline on when I need the furniture gone. Maybe July or August, which also coincidentally ties in with when you’ll be kicking off the new football season.”

Simon Eastwood: “Cracking idea love. Right I’m just off to close down my goalkeeping academy, I’ll be back for tea”.

Yep, all sounds perfectly clear to me that he’s staying.

Ah. Well when you put it like that...

:censored::censored::censored:

Sky sports reporting that Blackburn are interestd in signing Eastwood

Blackburn are about to announce Walton on loan from Brighton as their first choice GK, their fans in agreement Eastwood would be backup. They can probably afford his buy out clause so I guess it depends on Eastwood

Hmm, I'm not sure Eastwood would want to go to Blackburn as a bench-warmer. Although I'm sure the money would be better, you'd think first choice at a Champ club would be more likely.

Eastwood is a more than capable goalkeeper.

I don’t think he was performing to the best of his ability towards the back end of the season
and from what i’ve seen in pre-season so far he looks well below his best.

I’d still want to keep him though.

Blackburn are about to announce Walton on loan from Brighton as their first choice GK, their fans in agreement Eastwood would be backup. They can probably afford his buy out clause so I guess it depends on Eastwood
He came to us from being a reserve at Blackburn, it’s unlikely he’d want to go back to that

There’s no way we can allow him to leave this close to the start of the season, especially considering how the recruitment has gone in other areas. It’s imperative that he stays. I just hope he’s happy here - even if he doesn’t have any furniture - and an approach from Blackburn won’t turn his head.

There’s no way we can allow him to leave this close to the start of the season, especially considering how the recruitment has gone in other areas. It’s imperative that he stays. I just hope he’s happy here - even if he doesn’t have any furniture - and an approach from Blackburn won’t turn his head.

Isn’t the speculation on here that he has a release clause though? We might not have much say in it if so.

Isn’t the speculation on here that he has a release clause though? We might not have much say in it if so.

If he does have this buy out clause it’s up to him whether he goes & gets more money for sitting on the bench or he stays here & plays

All his career he’s been a number 2 at every club he’s been at to the age of 27 apart from here in his second spell, unless he’s guaranteed first choice I would see it as a mistake but if he wants to move back up north so be it we can’t do much about that (specially if he’s mrs has put the house up for sale/or been sold.)

With what looks to be a lower mid table finish (at best), and his partner getting a job up north, it wouldnt surprise me were he to leave.

He was made assurances which just havent been met.

Wonder if Robbo still has Mitchells number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom