General Stadium Petition - Signatures Needed

There'll be an OxVox stall tomorrow pre match outside the South Stand. Come and share views etc and join OxVox if you wish.

Meanwhile please sign the petition and contribute to the County Council's consultation survey.

Details as follows.

PETITION
Petition is up to 5,070 now but it could be many more.
Please sign online if you haven't already done so.
The link is https://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/StadOUFC if anyone is in doubt.

CONSULTATION SURVEY
The County Council survey consultation is an important component of the decision making process.
Note that it closes on February 21, just 10 days away, and well before the OCC cabinet meeting on March 15.
See the OxVox notes on it at
Stratfield Brake – Consultation survey is live! | OxVox
The link to the survey is https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/stratfield-brake-land-use-proposal-2022

Any way you can mobilise and get round the away end to see if we can gain some signatures from travelling Trotters?

A friend of mine called today to say he has just had a leaflet put through his door in the Harbord Road area of Cuttleslowe from the KGB KDW. I have attached the following A4 letter for anyone out there who may want to see the content. If this is desperately old news and I've even missed the sambuca canal boat's first booking form then I apologise. However, fyi my friend who isn't from Oxford but lives and works here is himself a big football geezer and sports fan in general and has already pledged his support via the petition and the OCC survey. This I may hasten to add was without any pressure from anyone. He as a resident of Harbord Rd said this is exactly what this city needs to bring this city 'up to date' and for this to be on his doorstep he may even get himself a ST when the time arises! He then went on to say that if he remained in the area he would definitely use the facilities as and when they became available whether that was sports-wise or the hospitality that would be such an integral part of the site.

COYY'S

View attachment 8147

“Huge football stadium” - can’t help themselves in their rhetoric, can they?

The quote ' Not in the best interest of the local communities' that's a joke right?

This is a development for the community to use, the 1000's of homes being built in and around North oxford aren't!

Kidlington has a lack of decent sporting facilities, no 4g/3g floodlit pitches so most of the clubs have to travel to Bicester, Stratfield Brake ground is too soft so almost 3/4 of the year the cricket pitches are unplayable.

I know a few Kidlington people non oufc fans who are in favour of this development. Maybe this Kidlington nimby group who don't want this development need to get their head out their arses and realise that their opinion isn't any stronger then anyone else's

Events "every weekend of the football season"??? Look, if you want to object then fine it's your right, but this is amateur hour. Even a 6 year old knows a team doesn't play at home every weekend of the season, they have to play half of their games away... 🤷‍♂️

Events "every weekend of the football season"??? Look, if you want to object then fine it's your right, but this is amateur hour. Even a 6 year old knows a team doesn't play at home every weekend of the season, they have to play half of their games away... 🤷‍♂️
its a campaign of blatant misinformation by the opponents, who seem not to care whatsoever that their entire campaign is a tissue of untruths

where are the 30k we take to Wembley?
Surely on a database somewhere, the club should be e mailing/texting these supporters because
1. They should tell them what great football we are playing and get along to boost the crowds
2. Send out a link to sign the petition

Surely on a database somewhere, the club should be e mailing/texting these supporters because
1. They should tell them what great football we are playing and get along to boost the crowds
2. Send out a link to sign the petition
Or even a decent size piece in the Oxford Mail…….wait a minute Oxford mail probably not

I'm bumping this after almost a year and for good reason.

It's reached over 7900 and it would be great if we could break 8000 by tomorrow morning, when we'll draw the attention of OCC to it once again immediately before the meeting in the afternoon

So...

It you've not signed, or know any fans that haven't, please do so this evening and encourage them to add their names too!

Obviously the rubric talks about Stratfield Brake but that's historic - it applies just as much to the triangle and is an indication of support for a new stadium in the Kidlington area.

I'm bumping this after almost a year and for good reason.

It's reached over 7900 and it would be great if we could break 8000 by tomorrow morning, when we'll draw the attention of OCC to it once again immediately before the meeting in the afternoon

So...

It you've not signed, or know any fans that haven't, please do so this evening and encourage them to add their names too!

Obviously the rubric talks about Stratfield Brake but that's historic - it applies just as much to the triangle and is an indication of support for a new stadium in the Kidlington area.

And here’s the link for ease of signing and sharing:

And here’s the link for ease of signing and sharing:

28 signatures required to hit 8000. Come on people one last push!

Also I hope it is noted at the meeting that the petition could only be signed by over 16 year olds. We have a huge number of our fanbase and people that want the stadium to go ahead that are under the age of 16!

8,000 feels like a pretty poor return to me

8000 who atleast are over 16 years old. Look round the ground on a Saturday and you will see atleast half of our attendance come into the category of under 16's. This petition also hasn't been pushed as much as it could. It could of been emailed to every fan on oufc's database or even people on foot gathering signatures at every home game since last January. None of that has happened.

Back
Top Bottom