Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury have two of the best midfield players in the division
in Jon Nolan and Ben Godfrey - they must be nullified if we are to get a positive result.

Last time out : Rochdale 3 - 1 Shrewsbury Town

Referee awarded Shrewsbury a last gasp penalty - only to change his mind.

Shrewsbury have looked good all season. Even without two or three they will be a stern test

Loungers will be there. Overnight in town with a few drinks to celebrate (or commiserate!) A point at least would be good.

Stating the obvious, very tough game ahead. However, if we do have to play Shrewsbury away, now is a good time. They have a lot of injured/suspended key players, may have an eye on the checkatrade final last week, and come out of a wobble against Rochdale.
I'm all for going for the point. 0-0 would suit me fine. 10 men behind the ball, time wasting, whatever it takes. 1 point is 25% towards the minimum we need for safety and very much a "bonus" as we are not expected to get it.

I think the first thing we have to do is congratulate them on having an incredible season. With limited resources, and being able to get the most out of players that have been about a bit. I think there manager Paul Hurst has done an amazing job for them. I can only see him achieving more if a Club gives him a chance in the championship. They have been unlucky, because they’ve been matched and will likely miss out on the top two places, because Blackburn and Wigan have deep pockets. They might still achieve a top two finish, but looks unlikely. I wish them all the best in the playoffs, but it’s a complete lottery!

Now on tomorrow’s game. They will provide a stern challenge, and will want to bounce back after a poor result at Spotland, but if we start with purpose and lots of energy, then I can see us giving them a good game. If we sit back and let them boss the the game we will lose. We need to score the first goal to have any chance of getting something from the game. There a well organised team, and do all the small things really well. So we need to be on our toes, no messing around with the ball at the back, get it clear and play with purpose. I’m not expecting anything from tomorrow’s game. If we somehow get a point I will be cockahoot.

My prediction Shrews 2-0

It could be said the pressure is off us a little bit tomorrow, with us not expected to win and with three home games coming up it’s like a free hit. A win for us on the other hand and we’re almost over the line so we should play with a certain amount of freedom if KR says the right things in the changing room before the game. As for Shrews, the pressure has cranked up a notch after the game against Rochdale. It’ll be interesting to see how they react, especially with one or two key players unavailable. We’ll see just how good a team/squad they are. I’ve got an optimistic feeling, it’ll be just like us to go there and run out 2:0 winners. The other factor to throw in is the ever present erratic performances of the officials. Bring that in to play and anything is possible..

Can’t see us getting anything, we must of used all our luck up on Friday, add in we were lucky to get a point to them at home. A decent performance, respectable score line and no injuries/suspensions for the massive three home games that follows this is as hopeful as I can let myself get, but you never know maybe we will get something.

3-0 to them is my prediction, but we bounce back in the games after and are safe in two weeks.

Can’t see us getting anything, we must of used all our luck up on Friday, add in we were lucky to get a point to them at home. A decent performance, respectable score line and no injuries/suspensions for the massive three home games that follows this is as hopeful as I can let myself get, but you never know maybe we will get something.

3-0 to them is my prediction, but we bounce back in the games after and are safe in two weeks.
Lucky to get a point to them at home? They equalised in 88th minute. I'd say it was otherway around...

Maybe our luck is changing after Pompey. Can see a 1-1 draw tomorrow with them equalising in injury time. Both teams happy. Shrews won’t make play offs but good luck if they do. They deserve to put a cap on a fine season.
Have a feeling Burton and Barnsley coming down and with Birmingham and Sunderland possibly staying up maybe a place in the top two for us next season

My first away game of the season. Taking my daughter who has never seen us lose away in the league.

A year ago we were off to Wembley and looking at points computations for the play offs. How quickly things change!!

I think with that big CB out we should get at them. We’ve seen with the loss of Nelson how the breaking up of a solid defensive back line can leave a defense very vulnerable. We’re lucky, this is a great time to play them - sort of a free hit anyway, so why not go for it?

I think the first thing we have to do is congratulate them on having an incredible season. With limited resources, and being able to get the most out of players that have been about a bit. I think there manager Paul Hurst has done an amazing job for them. I can only see him achieving more if a Club gives him a chance in the championship. They have been unlucky, because they’ve been matched and will likely miss out on the top two places, because Blackburn and Wigan have deep pockets. They might still achieve a top two finish, but looks unlikely. I wish them all the best in the playoffs, but it’s a complete lottery!

Now on tomorrow’s game. They will provide a stern challenge, and will want to bounce back after a poor result at Spotland, but if we start with purpose and lots of energy, then I can see us giving them a good game. If we sit back and let them boss the the game we will lose. We need to score the first goal to have any chance of getting something from the game. There a well organised team, and do all the small things really well. So we need to be on our toes, no messing around with the ball at the back, get it clear and play with purpose. I’m not expecting anything from tomorrow’s game. If we somehow get a point I will be cockahoot.

My prediction Shrews 2-0

I fully agree that they've had a great season. A small point though but they don't have limited resources particularly when they spent something like £350k on Stefan Payne and spent fees on other players as well.

My prediction Shrews 2-0
"Cock..a..HOOP dear boy, "Cock..a..HOOP"

I fully agree that they've had a great season. A small point though but they don't have limited resources particularly when they spent something like £350k on Stefan Payne and spent fees on other players as well.
I understand their own their own ground and according to last published accounts are cash rich.

Back
Top Bottom