Shrewsbury match COYO

I suppose it's up to the individual on whether they want to pay £75 for the shirt. The issue I have is the lack of any other memorabilia commemorating this historic event on sale in the club shop, there wasn't any. Walked around in despair before the match yesterday trying to find something to buy.

I’m not sure there’s much chance that the club could shift 1000 of these shirts no matter what the price. As good as an event yesterday was, it was a one off day and now people will move on. Apologies if I’m wrong but I don’t think we will see them being worn much at matches as the relevance after yesterday fades, and that’s no disrespect to the clubs history.

If they had made that many, I reckon at least 500 would have ended up being shifted from out the back of a reliant robin at Peckham market.

....Pricing wise and considering supporters, rest assured I am a firm advocate of not ripping off or pricing out fans. Were we increasing price to core products such as season tickets, tickets, or replica and training wear – products which are designed for all fans, then this would be of big concern to me.
However, this product is not intended to be that.
One final part of the decision process, which we as a club were not going to share publicly as despite our considerable disappointment, we recognise that issues can happen, is that there were due to be an additional two products available to supporters to commemorate our anniversary:
  • 1986 Milk Cup Final Retro Shirt retailing at £36.00
  • 1966 Headington United Shirt retailing at £36.00
These were due from a leading supplier of retro shirts, 600 of each were ordered, and the order was placed a considerable time ago. We were let down by the provider at point of delivery, just over a week ago.
We are obviously extremely frustrated at this, and as I say we would not normally share this frustration with supporters, but in the context of the reaction of the kit this week I feel it is important that supporters know that there categorically WAS supposed to be an alternative Headington United shirt.////

Head of Marketing is an idiot .... Headington United ceased to exist when the club name changed at the start of the 1961/62 season !!!!

1966 Oxford United were known as...... Oxford United

in the official communication by OUFC Head of Marketing ...excerpt above he 'announces there was intended to be a 1966 Headington United shirt,
did no one bother to tell Everett the club history?
Its an official club statement issued by him.... 1966 Headington United shirt ????

Everett is an absolute, total and utter idiot

Yawn - well
1) don’t buy one
2) let people make up their own mind
3) don’t buy one

Seems to be the same people moaning all the time. I didn’t hear a single bit of criticism yesterday about the shirt.

The day was great - but that’s not good enough for a few who think a few shares gives them the right to constantly have a go.

Anyway, I’m guessing you wouldn’t have been in the shop as it might of messed up your pre match routine

Yawn - well
1) don’t buy one
2) let people make up their own mind
3) don’t buy one

Seems to be the same people moaning all the time. I didn’t hear a single bit of criticism yesterday about the shirt.

The day was great - but that’s not good enough for a few who think a few shares gives them the right to constantly have a go.

Anyway, I’m guessing you wouldn’t have been in the shop as it might of messed up your pre match routine
Have to agree. A lot of unnecessary fuss over a fair enough effort by the club. Can we end the pedandism now about names and colours and dates? Lay off and move on.

Don't know what the players thought of it, but the 125 special shirts didn't sell out and 19 are now available in the club web shop (if you're a small or 3xl).

I probably shouldn’t posted as a reply to werther’s post. I wasn’t arguing with his point, just highlighting how similar our kit was to Dundee Utds..

If we were to change, I'd prefer to move to more of an old gold / amber colour. For me, that bright orange looks like a hi-viz jacket and has nothing to do with our history.

All shirts sold out.

Frankly I thought it was an extremely fair price for a limited edition shirt.

Back
Top Bottom