Shrewsbury match COYO

Decent shirt ....albeit maybe not quite the design/layout of the orig HUFC shirt ? Wasnt there navy blue quadrants (mayve been a 'later shirt/ colour combination) ? Though it was 125 years ago, & even I'm not that old :eek:

Decent shirt ....albeit maybe not quite the design/layout of the orig HUFC shirt ? Wasnt there navy blue quadrants (mayve been a 'later shirt/ colour combination) ? Though it was 125 years ago, & even I'm not that old :eek:
Oxfordkits.com shows the earliest shirt (1897) as all orange.

Never noticed to price in the article, bit steep for a football shirt..
Should be £12.50 in keeping with the anniversary and admission ....if they were I'd treat myself to one ;)

Hmm is the incoming financial director setting out a fleece the fans approach from the off? :unsure:

The exact same shirt, minus the badge, is available on Pro Direct Soccer for £8 in the sale. You could get the badge printed on for £5 or less. I think charging £75 is absolutely extraordinary when the shirt costs are readily available. I suppose it goes to the club at least!

The exact same shirt, minus the badge, is available on Pro Direct Soccer for £8 in the sale. You could get the badge printed on for £5 or less. I think charging £75 is absolutely extraordinary when the shirt costs are readily available. I suppose it goes to the club at least!
Also minus the 125 year stitching....

Flippin heck Tiger, thats a bit steep!

Ah. Like those souvenir royal wedding gold sovereigns with a quid's worth of gold advertised in the Sunday Supplements. I get it.

Possibly yes, only 125 shirts have been produced, ergo they will be worth more than similar mass-produced shirts

Net from 125 anniversary shirts @£75=£9375
IF 500 were made & on sale @£40 net income =£20000 ( or 1000 @£40 Net income £40000)
With Xmas approaching soon if there were 500 or 1000 @£40 a shirt avail, to me it seems OUFC marketing dept have missed an opportunity for a potential money spinner?

Net from 125 anniversary shirts @£75=£9375
IF 500 were made & on sale @£40 net income =£20000 ( or 1000 @£40 Net income £40000)
With Xmas approaching soon if there were 500 or 1000 @£40 a shirt avail, to me it seems OUFC marketing dept have missed an opportunity for a potential money spinner?

Depends on the costs involved and whether the suppliers (stitching etc also) could provide additional tops in time as well. Also, by producing only 125, they pretty much guarantee to sell all and it remains a collector's item. Greater numbers reduce this likelihood considerably and it could easily just become another top.

Tbf I get the logic of tying it into the 125 number.

Depends on the costs involved and whether the suppliers (stitching etc also) could provide additional tops in time as well. Also, by producing only 125, they pretty much guarantee to sell all and it remains a collector's item. Greater numbers reduce this likelihood considerably and it could easily just become another top.

Tbf I get the logic of tying it into the 125 number.
Fair comment..... I don't buy replica shirts (for me)...though I do quite like this one, but not at £75

Back
Top Bottom