Should the stars align and we find ourselves able to get a new home...

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that any new stadium should be called The Crucible. None of this New Manor rubbish, something intimidating and new for new times.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that any new stadium should be called The Crucible. None of this New Manor rubbish, something intimidating and new for new times.

That name just makes me think of snooker.

• React
Reactions: MJB
The name of a stadium does nothing to intimidate alone. It’s the atmosphere and environment that gives you an edge. You could call it Hell’s Basin and it would mean nothing if it weren’t a cauldron of deafening noise and hostility. In fact the ‘scarier’ the name the more laughable it becomes unless you’re planning on going full Galatasary.

A stadium name should mean something to the club and supporters, to give a sense of identity and pride. If you make it a nasty place for teams to play then that’s what gives you the advantage - the name means nothing alone. You could call it Puppy Dog Palace and if it was a hellish environment it would still intimidate people.

just wtf?

a crucible is usually a clay pot for melting stuff, how is that intimidating?

we could try the "We'll give you a bunch of carnations with every ticket sold arena" instead though

Feel free to whoooosh me

Last edited:
just wtf?

a crucible is usually a clay pot for melting stuff, how is that intimidating?

Meh. He's thinking of Arthur Miller and witch trials, Salem, duckings, burning at the stake, that sort of lark. You know how literary @OUFCwaffle is. I think he's nicked my street food theme.

eaaa2fc157536f7b1db3dd9b851bec5c.gif

Back
Top Bottom