Shoul Robinson walk away from this mess?

The mighty Aldo

Karl Robinson seems an honourable man,and it seems he is being told one thing by the Chairman but in reality the funds aren't there and we are having to sell players below market value.
This has happened before. Remember Mark Lawrenson walking because of promises not being met by Kevin Maxwell.
Karl has walked before at Charlton where it seems there was a similar situation unfortunately for him from the frying pan into the fire.

Wouldn't be surprised if he walks again

Depends
If you were so fed up with your manager at work who was breaking promises and making it impossible for you to function properly,would you not back yourself to get another job?
Robinson knows many people in football,he would get a job somewhere and when he is backed he has a good track record.

Karl Robinson seems an honourable man,and it seems he is being told one thing by the Chairman but in reality the funds aren't there and we are having to sell players below market value.
You are clearly very ITK.
To state everything above as fact. I cant believe that you would be so sure of those things from an internet forum.

This has happened before. Remember Mark Lawrenson walking because of promises not being met by Kevin Maxwell.
Karl has walked before at Charlton where it seems there was a similar situation unfortunately for him from the frying pan into the fire.

Wouldn't be surprised if he walks again

completely ridiculous

didn’t we match Boro’s offer for Browne tho? There’s obviously money to spend

He signed for Middlesbrough a day later, it doesn’t take the worlds biggest cynic to think the club knew he would never take less money to go to a club in a lower division on a shorter contract. It’s cheap to offer money for players who you never sign.

Until we actually spend money on a player then it’s up in the air as to whether we have it or not.

He signed for Middlesbrough a day later, it doesn’t take the worlds biggest cynic to think the club knew he would never take less money to go to a club in a lower division on a shorter contract. It’s cheap to offer money for players who you never sign.

Until we actually spend money on a player then it’s up in the air as to whether we have it or not.
I seem to remember Ka$$am doing the same when he was in charge. We were looking at signing the likes of Grant Holt and Jermaine Easter back in the day.

As you say, it's easy saying that we are bidding for such players, yet in terms of contracts being signed, a million miles off.

If KR were to walk, he wouldn’t have to wait long for another job to come along but I expect him to tough it out.
Remember when the s**t was flying and we were losing every f*****g week? We couldn’t beat an egg!
Just about everyone (including me) wanted him gone. He could have quit at that point when the pressure was almost unbearable, but he didn’t, he saw it out.
Yes, this current malaise is a shitstorm and a half, but it is not quite as bad as last season as we slid seemingly, inexorably towards relegation.
I suspect him to do what he did then and come out f*****g swinging!
So Roll up your sleeves Karl, look us in the eye and tell us you have got to go with what you’ve got and I, for one will back you!

Exactly.

I seem to remember Ka$$am doing the same when he was in charge. We were looking at signing the likes of Grant Holt and Jermaine Easter back in the day.

As you say, it's easy saying that we are bidding for such players, yet in terms of contracts being signed, a million miles off.
Slippery did it with Kieffer Moore as well. Offered some money to his club, it was turned down, and then fed the story out that we’d gone for him. Technically it wasn’t a lie, but it was never close to being on. Meanwhile it made the majority of fans think he was still in it to win it, so they went around doing battle with doubters on his behalf while he finalised his escape.

It’s easy to say you’ve bid for this player, you’ve offered this to that player etc, but it doesn’t mean anything unless it comes off. The more times you say these things, the more it just proves that you’re incapable of closing negotiations.

Well, to most sane people, anyway. Some people really will just swallow it indefinitely.

Back
Top Bottom