General Shebelieves Cup tournament England Lioness' V USA

Sarge

God like member
Lionesses face USA tonight in a group match in the Shebelieves Cup - Lionesses are the current holders- its the first time the two sides play each other since USA, (VAR assisted- the signs were there, for what was coming!), dumped Lionesses out of the Women's World cup on their way to winning the trophy.

It promises to be something of a grudge match, akin to a local derby at club level

Ageless USA women's talis(wo)man Rapinoe has admitted the rivalry between England Lionesses & USA women is 'Huge'

the match kicks of at 12 midnight UK time, live coverage is on BBC2 from 11.40pm straight after MOTD FA Cup highlights

Can't see them getting anything out of this one, I'm afraid. USA are on an amazing run at the moment and the Lionesses under par. Would love to be proved wrong, obviously.

Can't see them getting anything out of this one, I'm afraid. USA are on an amazing run at the moment and the Lionesses under par. Would love to be proved wrong, obviously.
as Greavesy used to say (often) about football .... its a funny old game

group game, an opening group game at that, almost given itll end a draw IMO

but, Lionesses are long ovedue a win V USA ,.... you never know

I kind of agree but England are the holders and beat them last time in this competition iirc.

This referee has missed/not seen/not given lots ( fouls, shirt pulls & foul throws ...in the main by USA)

Lost 0-2

Passes going awry , midfield over run and struggled to cope with the yankesses high tempo high pressing approach

Holders of the Shebelieves cup , the Lionesses, currently sit at the bottom of their group behind yankessess , spain & japan (after one game)

Japan next for the lionesses on saturday around 6pm uk time kick off

Still up at 2am, then still managing a recap post at 8:45 the next day? Hope I've got your energy in 10-15 years ? Mrs M and I did a gig Tuesday eve and it pretty much wiped Wednesday out ? (although that may have been the bottles of wine)

Still up at 2am, then still managing a recap post at 8:45 the next day? Hope I've got your energy in 10-15 years ? Mrs M and I did a gig Tuesday eve and it pretty much wiped Wednesday out ? (although that may have been the bottles of wine)
Night owl me .... and usually I am up n about by 7.30-8am

Part of which must be down to DJing or going to (Rare Soul) allnighters most weekends for many, many years? ...being self employed does help of course ;)

England lionesses about to kick off their second group match V Japan
Live on bbc2....2nd half live on bbc4

6 changes from the team that lost to USA , including the GK and both FB's ....other changes are in attack

Its a tournament that is billed a in effect friendlies , so squad rotation is to be expected

Almost first blood to lionessess in under 3 mins England (the player) nipped in and japans keeper just mananger to turn the shot round the post for a corner

Could easily be 1-1 now ...another half chance not capitalised on by lionesses ....and lionesses young keeper was lobbed at a corner thankfully a defender was on the goal line to clear it

Back
Top Bottom