Shaun Harvey Irrelevant Trophy pre draw info

Scottish League Cup group stages?

What foul universe have I landed in?

Play the under 23’s and a couple of first team to be within rules, and focus on the league. That is the priority and a nice fa cup run would be nice.

Play the under 23’s and a couple of first team to be within rules, and focus on the league. That is the priority and a nice fa cup run would be nice.
League /carabo or what ever the fizzy syrup of the sponsors is called- cup run would be good too

Unless we get Man City again nice and early. That cross field volley from Zichenko still makes me glad I went that night.
if we do get citeh.... lets hope theyve got a different team coach driver :rolleyes:

Issue with that as well is there are rules saying we have to play something like 70% of the squad that finished our previous game, to stop us just throwing kids into it. I think the topic came up last year at some stage.

Even if we could just do all U23s, it's probably better to give our most promising young players match time with actual first teamers.
The rules re: who has to play have been relaxed slightly, so if I remember correctly, our entire squad, including all the youngsters were all aulified to play, hence a team can make quite a few changes and still stay within the rules.

Agree with your second point too, playing a half and half side is infinately better for the youngsters who do play as they have experienced heads around them guiding them through the game, as opposed to the older youngsters trying to guide the younger youngsters while also trying to play their own game and cope with better class opposition....

Having seen the group draw so far, it seems that most of the other groups are quite close to each other - two anglian groups, two west groups, two London, then the two Midland sides get Forest Green, while we seem to be in an odds and sods group with Pompey and Crawley!

Scottish League Cup group stages?

What foul universe have I landed in?
It's very simple. Most Scottish clubs play a few games against each other, and regardless of the outcome, Celtic play Rangers in the final.

Looking forward to Torquay away!

I've tried to explain to friends that didnt go that night about that volley but words dont do it justice. The sweetest ping I've ever seen with my own eyes.
Not only the sweetest ping I've seen, but also the sweetest sound as it fizzled off his boot! It was almost like the ball screamed with delight!!

It's weird that so many have seen what is ultimately a guy kicking a ball but will never forget it. I was sat directly behind him in the SSL, row B so only a few metres away. I immediately turned to my little girl and said, remember that, you'll probably never see a better ball than that. It's those moments that makes football so incredible.

For anyone wanting to see that Zinchenko pass again in all its fuzzy, screengrabbed glory...

Available for one week

Back
Top Bottom