Shaun Harvey Irrelevant Trophy pre draw info

OWS ....

I expect there will be a few who want Spurs U21s away to see the new ground.

Hopefully we can get out of this early, but we seem to be cursed with quarters at least these days.

I expect there will be a few who want Spurs U21s away to see the new ground.

Hopefully we can get out of this early, but we seem to be cursed with quarters at least these days.

I don't think U21s get any games at home. In the group's at least, I remember we played Chelsea U21s at Stamford Bridge in a knockout a couple of seasons back.

I don't think U21s get any games at home. In the group's at least, I remember we played Chelsea U21s at Stamford Bridge in a knockout a couple of seasons back.
I could have sworn that was our last group game, in my head we scored late to go through, but lost the penalty shootout for the bonus point... Season we lost to Coventry in the final?

wasnt one of Harvey's ideas re prem u12s or whatever ever is the requirement for this year, being included , to give lower league players the opportunity to play a match (or two) at a(n empty) Prem stadium ? ... though like @SteMerritt , I dont pay much attention of the ever changing rules, regs n requirements for what once was the Football League trophy, for clubs in the lower 2 divisions of the (E) Football League

I could have sworn that was our last group game, in my head we scored late to go through, but lost the penalty shootout for the bonus point... Season we lost to Coventry in the final?
it was a marathon... possibly record... amount of pens in that one ... though I have no recollection of the score or how the pen shootout ended ?... such a memorable competition since Harvey started his crap experiments

5 Competition Format

5.1 The format of the Competition shall be as follows:

• (i) The Participating Clubs will be divided into 16 groups of four with eight northern groups and eight southern groups.
  • (ii) If the number of Participating Clubs is less than 64, the League shall be entitled to adjust the number of Clubs in any particular group as necessary.
  • (iii) Subject to Rule 5.1.1(ii) above, each group will be made up of one Invited Club and three EFL Clubs.
  • (iv) Each Club will play against each other Club once.
  • (v) Subject to the requirements above, the League shall determine the format of, and conduct any draw(s) required to finalise, the groups and the allocation as Home Club and Away Club.
  • (vi) Invited Clubs will be the Away Club in each Match in the Group Stage (unless otherwise determined by the League).
  • (vii) Group Matches will be of ninety minutes duration, with no extra time.
  • (viii) Three points are awarded for a win and none for a defeat.
  • (ix) If the scores are level at the end of the group Match then each Club is awarded one point. In addition the Match will be followed immediately by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) and the Club that wins the penalty shootout will be awarded an additional one point.

Basically, the rule is "we will make it up as we go long".............

Is there any other competition where it's one point for a draw but then there's a penalty shootout for another point?

It's just nonsense.

Personally I hope we follow Luton's example and treat it as games for the u23 squad.
Issue with that as well is there are rules saying we have to play something like 70% of the squad that finished our previous game, to stop us just throwing kids into it. I think the topic came up last year at some stage.

Even if we could just do all U23s, it's probably better to give our most promising young players match time with actual first teamers.

it was a marathon... possibly record... amount of pens in that one ... though I have no recollection of the score or how the pen shootout ended ?... such a memorable competition since Harvey started his crap experiments
I think we were losing 1-0 until about the 88th min or so, a result which would have knocked us out, then we made it 1-1, which sent us through.

Can't be arsed to check on rageonline though ?

Issue with that as well is there are rules saying we have to play something like 70% of the squad that finished our previous game, to stop us just throwing kids into it. I think the topic came up last year at some stage.

Even if we could just do all U23s, it's probably better to give our most promising young players match time with actual first teamers.

Luton just accepted the fine they got each time, which was less than the prize money for winning a game. ?

Back
Top Bottom