General Shareholder update

MarkG

I see the confirmation statement has been filed, and Ensco (Eales's) shareholdings in OUFC have all now been transferred on 27 Jan to Oxford Investment Holdings PTE (the Singapore holding company).

By way of history, Eales had kept a holding of just under 10% in the club after the sale to Tiger.

I see the confirmation statement has been filed, and Ensco (Eales's) shareholdings in OUFC have all now been transferred on 27 Jan to Oxford Investment Holdings PTE (the Singapore holding company).

By way of history, Eales had kept a holding of just under 10% in the club after the sale to Tiger.
Which would confirm that he has been paid all that was outstanding and he no longer has any claim to any funds etc from the club. Good.

The club's finances are looking better from the standpoint of any liabilities.

It's an interesting question why you would keep a minority interest in the first place.
Presumably in case someone comes along and makes an offer for the whole of the football club for a silly sum, you still have an iron in the fire.
I wonder if there was some sort of three year time agreement where both parties would have the shares valued and agree a sale of the remaining minority holding?
(It is three years yesterday that Tiger took over)

It's an interesting question why you would keep a minority interest in the first place.
Presumably in case someone comes along and makes an offer for the whole of the football club for a silly sum, you still have an iron in the fire.
I wonder if there was some sort of three year time agreement where both parties would have the shares valued and agree a sale of the remaining minority holding?
(It is three years yesterday that Tiger took over)
I believe it was linked to the charge on the club held by Ensco. They had to have representation on the board and 10% gave them that.

Back
Top Bottom