Sh1t or get off the pot

Maybe the silence is deafening because at the Oxvox meeting the new MD said he'd always be honest with the fans. Saying nothing is one way of keeping that promise I suppose!

I’d come to the conclusion that the reason for a delay in appointing a new manager is that we’re waiting for the FA’s suitability checks to be completed on our prospective new owner. Nothing else makes much sense for the delay and vacuum of information.

However there is another possible reason and this purely guesswork on my part, what if a deal between the football club/Darryl and the takeover group has been agreed in principle, due diligence has been done, the owners’ and directors’ test has been passed by the FA, and a new manager is waiting in the wings.

All ready to go but there’s a stumbling block and inevitably it involves Kassam and the stadium.......this whole deal could rely on the Cooperation of Uncle Firoz.."..

I’d come to the conclusion that the reason for a delay in appointing a new manager is that we’re waiting for the FA’s suitability checks to be completed on our prospective new owner. Nothing else makes much sense for the delay and vacuum of information.

However there is another possible reason and this purely guesswork on my part, what if a deal between the football club/Darryl and the takeover group has been agreed in principle, due diligence has been done, the owners’ and directors’ test has been passed by the FA, and a new manager is waiting in the wings.

All ready to go but there’s a stumbling block and inevitably it involves Kassam and the stadium.......this whole deal could rely on the Cooperation of Uncle Firoz.."..

Ground share with Oxford City then!

No matter who is on the board the fans and supporters inevitably end up getting the proverbial mushroom treatment-kept in the dark & fed s**t- by the powers that be at OUFC

We the fans & supporters seem to be perceived as a cash cow to be milked mercilessly and treated with more or less contempt the rest of the time by whoever is holding the reigns at OUFC :confused:
Well maybe it is time for Oxvox to do something for the fans

What like pass on the concern of fans- done.
Keep in constant contact with the chairman - done.

What else are u proposing they do? Put out pointless press releases like the oxformail this morning that everyone knows already and doesn’t say anything, kidnapp him and force him to talk or sell?

What’s ur suggestion, I’m sure if it sensible they will follow it up for u, but like the rest of us there is not a lot that can actually force Darryl into doing

Ask the club directly what's the latest. It's clear fans are frustrated and want an update. It is worrying if nothing else as fans think we could go down. Stop tip toeing around and do something worthwhile.

Ask the club directly what's the latest. It's clear fans are frustrated and want an update. It is worrying if nothing else as fans think we could go down. Stop tip toeing around and do something worthwhile.

They have asked, as well as passing on that the fans are frustrated. De even sent a reply via Oxvox to a fan that wrote an open letter to him on twitter.

The answer is the same as he has given to the press and everyone else. He’s aware but won’t say anything at present. So what else do u propose they do that can force the issue ? We just have to wait

As we posted recently, we are in constant contact with the owner. We have spoken to him, we have relayed our views (it appears they mirror that of the majority of fans on social media and those getting in touch with us) & Daryl is quite aware of our/those concerns, he calls us, we call him, he has been abroad for six weeks on business and has remained in contact and responded quickly. We equally respect and understand that a lot of things are happening at present.

Our conclusion is, that we will all know what is happening with the manager in the very near future. Whilst 4 weeks without a manager is far from ideal as are pointless stories in the written media from an EX-player that appears to be divisive, the club did say they wouldn't appoint a manager until after the weekend just gone. Let's wait to Saturday to re-evaluate.

Final point, hugely disappointing to hear that some members of backroom staff (away from the Board) are getting disgusting messages sent to them. That's really conducive to being 'UNITED' and clearly will help!!

Simon
On behalf of the Committee

If the takeover and a new manage are announced. The forum will definitely be cancelled or delayed.

As we posted recently, we are in constant contact with the owner. We have spoken to him, we have relayed our views (it appears they mirror that of the majority of fans on social media and those getting in touch with us) & Daryl is quite aware of our/those concerns, he calls us, we call him, he has been abroad for six weeks on business and has remained in contact and responded quickly. We equally respect and understand that a lot of things are happening at present.

Our conclusion is, that we will all know what is happening with the manager in the very near future. Whilst 4 weeks without a manager is far from ideal as are pointless stories in the written media from an EX-player that appears to be divisive, the club did say they wouldn't appoint a manager until after the weekend just gone. Let's wait to Saturday to re-evaluate.

Final point, hugely disappointing to hear that some members of backroom staff (away from the Board) are getting disgusting messages sent to them. That's really conducive to being 'UNITED' and clearly will help!!

Simon
On behalf of the Committee

Thanks for this - helpful.

I’m inferring from your comments that we’re talking about more than simply appointing a new manager when you say OxVox “respect and understand that a lot of things are happening at present.”

Equally, I wouldn’t expect you to necessarily confirm this or provide any further detail on those particular elements.

I can't say I'm surprised to hear that some staff members are being abused. Sadly, a small minority of fans continue to show how thick they are on different areas of OUFC.

Back
Top Bottom