Semi Finals

Foley

Ok so IF England get to the semi finals. In all likelihood we would play India or the Aussis.

So Starc, Finch, Cummins, Warner , Smith et al (but we would at least have the majority of the support) or

Kholi,Sami, Burmah, Rohit plus the crowd.

Who would you prefer?

Australia as long as its not at Lord's.

Certainly not taking New Zealand lightly though, its a quarter final knockout match in all but name.

Certainly not taking New Zealand lightly though, its a quarter final knockout match in all but name.

For England, it probably is (although we could still lose and qualify if Bangladesh lose today, but beat Pakistan).
New Zealand will have a good chance to get through even if they lose, as long as we don't thrash them.
The random pummeling that Pakistan took against West Indies really did a number on their run rate.

On the India vs. Australia issue, I actually think they're pretty similar sides.
Excellent batsmen in the top order, dodgy middle and lower order - get a couple of early wickets and you can definitely restrict them.
Good bowling outfits each lead by one of the best in the tournament (Starc - Bumrah). Don't want to have to chase too many against them.
Seems like a wash to me...…..

Australia. That match left a bad taste in England's mouth, while India will be looking to remove theirs. But in all honesty, England can beat both if they get there, so bring it on.

Australia. That match left a bad taste in England's mouth, while India will be looking to remove theirs. But in all honesty, England can beat both if they get there, so bring it on.
Let's win tomorrow.
I reckon if we do then either game will be 50 50.
I would probably go Australia as I would like there to be some England fans at the game.

Both would be difficult. But we've already beaten the Indians once in this competition, so let's take on the Aussies and beat them as well. :)

So the semi-finalists look set now.

Pakistan will have to bat first, score an obscene number of runs, and then bowl Bangladesh out for practically nothing to overturn the difference in run rate.
EDIT: According to Zaltzman, Pakistan need to win by about 320 runs. Good luck with that!

New Zealand, in retrospect, have been very lucky.
Washout against India, in a game they would have expected to lose. About a foot away from losing to West Indies. Tight wins against Bangladesh and South Africa. Any of those went against them, they'd probably be heading home now.

Yes I would imagine that India and Australia will both want to play NZ.
Which means that Australia will probably beat SA meaning that in all likelihood we will have India.
After the last 2 games we have a decent chance (Rachid is the worry I reckon)

Australia as long as its not at Lord's.

It’s at Edgbaston on Thursday, probably against India if all goes to form. We are more than capable of beating them there again but obviously they will want to learn from the last game. England really need to stay at the table now, all eleven players on the day need to contribute.

The convicts it is then! Similar batting performance to the last game and we’re in.
Come on England ???????

Back
Top Bottom