General Season tickets/state of football once this is over.

Well that’s a relief to know it’s not true if the Daily Mail have said they are considering it.
On this occasion they are right. It’s on the table - hopefully more clubs than not will quickly flip it over and put an end to it.

It’s completely bat s**t crazy and will only harm the game, and is a total waste of time and energy given what’s going on at present, and the challenges it presents.

Which is exactly why I’m not surprised to see it coming back onto the agenda.
Surely someone will wake up and say something to stop any further discussion? I've heard some madness over the years but any supporter would let them know what a crock of s**t this would be.

hopefully more clubs than not will quickly flip it over and put an end to it.
I thought that about voting for Prem U21 sides in the Johndons/Checkatrade/whateveritscallled trophy, but the turkeys went and voted for Christmas anyway.

Surely someone will wake up and say something to stop any further discussion? I've heard some madness over the years but any supporter would let them know what a crock of s**t this would be.
The fans won’t get a say, as always. The whole tinpot / B team debacle put to bed any notion that what we think or want is remotely important.

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to help clubs survive. On the one hand a bit less travelling I suppose, but on the other a dilution of the quality of L1 with less chance of being promoted to the Championship and more chance of playing the same teams season after season - thus making it less exciting and potentially harming crowds.

Can someone explain to me in words of one syllable, because I am obviously a bit thick.

A strange side affect of this would mean that the conference would be a national league that gets you promoted into a regional one, I doubt that happens anywhere else in the world.

England is not a particularly big country, apart from a few teams at the extremities playing each other most of the journeys are comfortably doable in a day, I drive further for work in fact on regular occasions than a chunk of our away games. Their will be no great swell in crowds, replacing Rochdale with Stevenage doesn’t exactly get the heart pulsing.

You do have to wonder how this even came up, the country is facing its greatest crisis since World War Two, social gatherings are banned for an indefinite amount of time, football has come to a full stop etc and when they put their heads together they have come up with turning league one/two into a north/south split instead.

If nuclear Armageddon ever happens in this country I look forward to the football league announcement that they are considering moving all games to a Sunday because the traffic is a bit quieter.

How many away games do the team stay overnight before the game? 20 to 25 beds plus a 2 day coach rental on a regular basis could be expensive.

Weekend games will not affect away attendance much but night games even to relatively close teams could take a hit.

I hate the idea of regional leagues but for owners there may be something in it.

Personally I would change the agent fee to a player payment rather than club. I suspect clubs would Save a lot more money and make players think twice before signing up with some of the leechs.

In other news the EFL and Premier League are to merge into one, The pyramid in it's current form is to be ripped up and teams will be drawn one by one to determine who goes into which League.
BBC ITV SKY AND BT will also go into a draw to determine which broadcaster covers which league.

In other news, all footballers will be strapped to a series of giant poles running across the pitch. The poles will have huge hamster wheels on one end and each one will be filled with 20 of the self-appointed 'best' supporters who have to run as hard as they can to twirl the players around. Because the players cannot move of their own volition, they will never get within 2 metres of anyone else, the season will be completed and sweetness and light will return to the game.

In other news, all footballers will be strapped to a series of giant poles running across the pitch. The poles will have huge hamster wheels on one end and each one will be filled with 20 of the self-appointed 'best' supporters who have to run as hard as they can to twirl the players around. Because the players cannot move of their own volition, they will never get within 2 metres of anyone else, the season will be completed and sweetness and light will return to the game.

I see a flaw in your plan @ZeroTheHero.... it may prove to be hard to enlist them giant Poles, since Bojo n co 'got Brexit done' on Jan 31st & presumably they'd now have to get past Priti Vacants points system !;););)

How many away games do the team stay overnight before the game? 20 to 25 beds plus a 2 day coach rental on a regular basis could be expensive.

Weekend games will not affect away attendance much but night games even to relatively close teams could take a hit.

I hate the idea of regional leagues but for owners there may be something in it.

Personally I would change the agent fee to a player payment rather than club. I suspect clubs would Save a lot more money and make players think twice before signing up with some of the leechs.

I think regional leagues is a non starter if it is just league 1 and 2 because some teams will run the risk of getting moved every season due to relegation from the championship/promotion from the conference. It will also massively reduce the pool of players teams will get to pick from. We would no longer get players from the north wanting to play for us due to always playing down south. Currently northern players will be able to go 'home' to see friends and family after an away game but if we are playing every game in the south they wouldn't be able to.

Players like Brannagan and Eastwood wouldn't join us.

I think regional leagues is a non starter if it is just league 1 and 2 because some teams will run the risk of getting moved every season due to relegation from the championship/promotion from the conference. It will also massively reduce the pool of players teams will get to pick from. We would no longer get players from the north wanting to play for us due to always playing down south. Currently northern players will be able to go 'home' to see friends and family after an away game but if we are playing every game in the south they wouldn't be able to.

Players like Brannagan and Eastwood wouldn't join us.
This is so complex that I wouldnt be surprised if everything had been discussed, even a reset, reorg of the leagues or even a breakaway/new league system.

Regarding players, I dont think any club can afford the wages while stadia have no crowds. So we could see a totally new starting XI next season, even made up of some part timers that get say 500 a match. Think of Oxford City, that is how we are going to be next season.

This is so complex that I wouldnt be surprised if everything had been discussed, even a reset, reorg of the leagues or even a breakaway/new league system.

Regarding players, I dont think any club can afford the wages while stadia have no crowds. So we could see a totally new starting XI next season, even made up of some part timers that get say 500 a match. Think of Oxford City, that is how we are going to be next season.
We can let the loan players go but the majority of our squad are under contract so will still be here

Not really and that's part of the discussion as well. You cancel the contract by mutual consent.
Mutual being the key word there, would you agree to cancel a contract at your employer's request without a similar, or better, contract to go to?

Mutual being the key word there, would you agree to cancel a contract at your employer's request without a similar, or better, contract to go to?

1) If a club cant pay you, they cant pay you.
2) I believe in our pyramid, due to the financial difficulties, players we have would then be in the pay bracket of Championship clubs so they would go there. And we would take the likes of players from the Conference.

1) If a club cant pay you, they cant pay you.
2) I believe in our pyramid, due to the financial difficulties, players we have would then be in the pay bracket of Championship clubs so they would go there. And we would take the likes of players from the Conference.
Yes, but it read as you saying we could get rid of players by mutually cancelling contracts, which we can't as it has to be 'mutual'. Apologies if I've misinterpreted your post.

Yes, but it read as you saying we could get rid of players by mutually cancelling contracts, which we can't as it has to be 'mutual'. Apologies if I've misinterpreted your post.
No worries, it was me just using the term. Because with Free Transfers quite often the current club might or have to pay part of the remaining contract.

Back
Top Bottom