• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

General Season Tickets & Memberships 24/25

But they could come out and say something.

It is the fact that the club have said absolutely nothing regarding the temporary stand, season ticket sales, season tickets being taken off sale etc. That is the problem here, and as @SSO says above, most of it was entirely predictable and the current issue of fans wanting to buy season tickets, but not being allowed to, was avoidable.

Communicate with your fans/customers and keep them onside. It's not rocket science.

Communication under the stewardship of Tim Williams has been a constant failing, despite reassurances at the fans forum that blah, blah ‘lessons have been learned’ blah, blah, ‘we must do better’ blah blah. They haven’t, it continues.

Either personnel lack the skills needed to communicate effectively, or they simply can’t be bothered or don’t want to. Either way it’s not good enough and hasn’t been for quite some time.

But they could come out and say something.

It is the fact that the club have said absolutely nothing regarding the temporary stand, season ticket sales, season tickets being taken off sale etc. That is the problem here, and as @SSO says above, most of it was entirely predictable and the current issue of fans wanting to buy season tickets, but not being allowed to, was avoidable.

Communicate with your fans/customers and keep them onside. It's not rocket science.
Unfortunately unless it’s an over priced T-shirt the club aren’t that interested in telling their fan base anything.

My thoughts as well. I have waited for years to invite my Baggies supporting mate down for a game and a weekend stop over. He rarely gets to see a game these days what with kids, grandkids etc. Fairly pointless even considering inviting him now, guest ticket or not, he won't be able to sit anywhere near myself and Mrs L.
I’m more concerned about being unable get a season ticket near me for my wife, let alone a casual game

Good work @Scotchegg let’s hope this you can get an answer out of the club with some substance.

To me it looks like OUSP are in the clubs pocket. You are not alone now either as it looks like OxVox have joined you.

Would love either group to change my view!
I’m more concerned that OxVox appear to be in the clubs pocket considering they are meant to be the independent group.

Whilst I’m gutted for folk at the moment, I don’t think I’ve ever seen and felt so much interest in Oufc. This is probably stretching our current set up.
We are morphing in to a bigger monster and the next couple of seasons are crucial.
Playing budget is one thing but we need to recruit a much bigger machine behind us including admin, coaching, scouting etc.

Do you think the club are referring to surge overall rather than the week leading to them making a change?

Probably, but more indepth sales patterns will either show that "selling out" was predictable, or sales had slowed sufficiently to allow them to continue for 4/5 more days as expected.

That's a bullshit position from them though, what did they expect? No extra season tickets? Only an extra few hundred?

It's our first season back in the Championship in decades, it was obvious to anyone that isn't stupid we'd sell a shed load.

Not to mention, we'd sold that shed load before they re-confirmed the schedule a week or two earlier stating when they'd stop selling them.

I’m more concerned that OxVox appear to be in the clubs pocket considering they are meant to be the independent group.

If we don’t get answers from OxVox the new few weeks before the season starts then I’m sure myself, you & plenty of others will be asking serious questions at the next AGM.

My thoughts as well. I have waited for years to invite my Baggies supporting mate down for a game and a weekend stop over. He rarely gets to see a game these days what with kids, grandkids etc. Fairly pointless even considering inviting him now, guest ticket or not, he won't be able to sit anywhere near myself and Mrs L.
I would have expected with blocks sold out that the scheme will only work if the ST holders give up their current seat(s) for the match in question and 2 (or in your case 3) other tickets are allocated instead in another part of the ground. One for ST holder and one for guest.

This might be the only way but at least gets you sat together which surely is the whole point of bringing a guest.

I think we can all surmise what has happened here……the club in good faith have planned with a 4th stand in mind and all the noises indicated this was the case. We have then been left high and dry due to demands from our favourite landlord and we have had to pull the plug. Given the sensitivities of the relationship with Mr K we can’t come out and say that and have to concoct some story whilst presumably still trying to remedy the position in the background. I wouldn’t want to be in the position the club is in for sure. A very difficult process to manage
The club should have acted as if the temporary stand wasn't happening, no matter how likely it looked. They could have re-released season tickets if it did go ahead.

Am I being thick or am I missing the point: so these two games where you can bring a guest surely we as a football club do not have the capacity to make this happen now for eg: we’ve sold 8000 ST if only half of that bring a guest there aren’t enough seats 😁

Maybe the club could communicate how they plan for this offer

Are you for real? Ha ha ha!

whilst researching what other Championship clubs do for away ticket priority, I've noticed a few points
mostly a balance between rewarding loyal supporters vs allowing new supporters to attend

• restricting ST sales so that there are match day tickets available.
  • ST being sold in areas that might be reallocated to away fans for cup games
  • ST holders getting priority for away games
  • Members [normally £30 or so, second priority]
  • Away season ticket holder [limited + price XXX]
  • Away super supporter [limited + points for going away]
  • Loyalty points schemes for away games mostly by (home) ST holder + other games attended
  • 5 year rolling points schemes to acknowledge long term supporters
  • 2 year rolling points schemes to recognise young supporters won't have that track record
  • apportioning away tickets so not all taken by the away ST holders / super fans.

Back
Top Bottom