• Information about the new forum home page: here.

General Season Tickets & Memberships 24/25

I get paid on the 5th of each month so I expect the club to hold off until I have been paid on 5th June before announcing it.

Or people who know they are going to be getting a season ticket, set money aside for it once they get paid and then it doesn't matter when the club announce it.

We all know that the football club has an ageing fan base. The club MUST freeze or even reduce the ST price for the 18-24 category. If this is paid for by bigger increases in prices in other categories then it has to be done. We have to get the younger age groups through the gates and get them interested in OUFC and engaged with the future of the club.

I also don't buy the argument about needing to find new supporters and attract them now ready for the new stadium. That will look after itself when it happens. The reality is that the new ground is not going to be any bigger than our existing ground with a temporary 2,500 seater stand at the fence end added, in fact if you also filled in the corners at the Kassam there is an argument that it will be bigger than the Triangle stadium. We need to target getting our current stadium filled and the possible bigger argument is trying to get a temporary stand put in for next season.

Haven't you contradicted yourself here?

We have gone up a level and price increases is to be expected.

We can't have it both ways.

Next Friday is 31st May and last one of the month.

Would be very amateurish if season tickets don’t go on sale then with it being a lot of people’s paydays/end of month.

Are you on a wind up..
Calling the club, and in particular, the ticket office, ‘very amateurish’, is ridiculous.
The club is back in The Championship for the first time in years, which they didn’t even know until last weekend, don’t you think they’ve enough to think about before releasing season ticket prices to suit people who can’t manage their finances?
My money’s ready, the club can have it, before or after ‘payday’….

We have to be looking at around 8k season ticket holders at least.

I’ve got a couple of Slovakian friends, that want to buy one. They said it was better than watching Slovan Bratislava, so they are hooked!!

We have to be looking at around 8k season ticket holders at least.

I’ve got a couple of Slovakian friends, that want to buy one. They said it was better than watching Slovan Bratislava, so they are hooked!!
If there were 8,000 STs and what 1,500 away fans, thete would be only 2,000 general sales or home game ( unless the segregation was reduced- pretty unlikely)
Many games will sell out.

Are you on a wind up..
Calling the club, and in particular, the ticket office, ‘very amateurish’, is ridiculous.
The club is back in The Championship for the first time in years, which they didn’t even know until last weekend, don’t you think they’ve enough to think about before releasing season ticket prices to suit people who can’t manage their finances?
My money’s ready, the club can have it, before or after ‘payday’….
You're forgetting the club are now having to cater for all the people that said they wouldn't be renewing if Des stayed but have suddenly changed their minds...

What I want to know is how the club will prioritise who gets a season ticket if demand exceeds supply.

So you're saying that new season ticket holders should pay 50% more than the published price to be able to access to tickets for away games? Gosh, what an attractive incentive. they'll be queuing round the block :ROFLMAO:

What about someone who lives miles away or can't travel and so never goes to games, but buys all three kits each year, watches every game on Ifollow, and donated £100 to the Yellow Army for their displays this year? They've contributed to the club's coffers but haven't been to any games. Should they be punished like this too?

As someone else has said, it does seem rather convenient that some people want incentives, but only for season ticket holders who match their exact circumstances.

The only equitable way to do it is to have all season ticket holders - new and old - starting this year on an even keel, with a clearly explained and defined points system for any away games we're likely to sell out.

No whining, it is what it is. We've gone up a level.

There is some real selfish nonsense on this thread. I am aware of several people who travel over 120 miles return to each home game as well as many away games. They don’t get season tickets as they ‘only’ manage to do that trip to Oxford 15 times a year.

Very few people buy season tickets to ‘support’ the club and it’s disingenuous for people to suggest they do. You buy a season ticket because you love OUFC and have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon.

The club should be welcoming any new Season Ticket purchasers with open arms, as should existing season ticket holders.

Some ridiculous selfish posts on here.

There is some real selfish nonsense on this thread. I am aware of several people who travel over 120 miles return to each home game as well as many away games. They don’t get season tickets as they ‘only’ manage to do that trip to Oxford 15 times a year.

Very few people buy season tickets to ‘support’ the club and it’s disingenuous for people to suggest they do. You buy a season ticket because you love OUFC and have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon.

The club should be welcoming any new Season Ticket purchasers with open arms, as should existing season ticket holders.

Some ridiculous selfish posts on here.
That’s actually what I do. I can count on 1 hand how many home games I’ve been to in the last 3 seasons but I will keep buying one to support the club.

Some years (like this coming one) I have and will cut back on other things so that I can afford a ST. Yes I might be in a minority but I certainly know I’m not alone in doing this.

That’s actually what I do. I can count on 1 hand how many home games I’ve been to in the last 3 seasons but I will keep buying one to support the club.

Some years (like this coming one) I have and will cut back on other things so that I can afford a ST. Yes I might be in a minority but I certainly know I’m not alone in doing this.
I still believe those who do this are in the significant minority & certainly not many if any of the me me me whiners on this thread

I still believe those who do this are in the significant minority & certainly not many if any of the me me me whiners on this thread
You will always get fans that expect the club to cater for their needs no matter what and some fans will think they are more deserving than others.
At the end of the day we are all fans of Oxford United. Some are fortunate to be able to afford to go to every game, others can only afford to go to a game every now and then and they will pick their games accordingly. That doesn’t make someone any lesser of a fan than others and that’s what some need to remember.

You will always get fans that expect the club to cater for their needs no matter what and some fans will think they are more deserving than others.
At the end of the day we are all fans of Oxford United. Some are fortunate to be able to afford to go to every game, others can only afford to go to a game every now and then and they will pick their games accordingly. That doesn’t make someone any lesser of a fan than others and that’s what some need to remember.
Exactly

Back
Top Bottom