Will you renew?

• Yes

Votes: 69 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 17.3%

• Total voters
The problem is why are we asking this question?. The supporters are split. We are all oufc fans. But what is best for the club. I no fans that are staying away under the present ownership. You can say that they are not real fans but some are season ticket holders. The fans are not united. Where is our club going?

The problem is why are we asking this question?. The supporters are split. We are all oufc fans. But what is best for the club. I no fans that are staying away under the present ownership. You can say that they are not real fans but some are season ticket holders. The fans are not united. Where is our club going?
What do they want? We’re traditionally Div 3

I’ll renew my Ifollow subscription and stay up til 1am each week. Not having lived within 8hrs travel of OX in 24 yrs I’ve occasionally thought of buying a ST to support the club, but it would be a bit contrived seeing as I can’t get there. I seem to recall someone buying one as an exile and donating it each week to someone in need - maybe I should have a look at that. I truly never understand why people always threaten to not renew exactly at the times the club most needs revenue - it’s not like a mobile plan or something!

The 'loungers have gone through this for a couple of seasons now. Ever since it became clear that Eales had pulled the plug and was looking to offload for his best interests. The arrival of Tiger left us truly dismayed.
Were we really able to justify spending £1300 on two Manor lounge/Club 1893 tickets? And then, of course we did. Now we spend most weeks wondering why we put ourselves through this interminable drudge from home to Oxford and back again coming home disappointed from another lacklustre performance and yet, yes, we probably will buy more season tickets. It's our club. It's what we do.

Tongue in cheek?

How can a club be "traditionally Div. 3"?
Div 3 is about our level, going on the size of the club. No reason to get all huffy cos we aren’t t in the championship. We should be mid table though, not in the bottom four.

Not if the price goes up by £70 as it did last year. What have we got to show for that price increase? ?
If want to compete then we should be paying more...we seem to want cheap tickets, top football , someone to bank roll it , own the ground , not lose money , and quote its the fans that are the club...as a scope for a group that are the club, we dont help it ?

Well we always seem to get this sort of situation as soon as things aren't going our way, and that has only really been a few seasons in recent history where things have gone our way. So I'll be renewing.

Div 3 is about our level, going on the size of the club. No reason to get all huffy cos we aren’t t in the championship. We should be mid table though, not in the bottom four.
Not getting huffy, just don't believe that any club can be "traditionally Div 3"
We have played at a higher level for many years and were it not for some dubious owners in the past, would still. If Eales hadn't pulled the plug losing Ashton and Appleton along the way we could well be challenging for promotion or already be in the Championship.
Under present regime we'll be extremely lucky to be mid table.

Not getting huffy, just don't believe that any club can be "traditionally Div 3"
We have played at a higher level for many years and were it not for some dubious owners in the past, would still. If Eales hadn't pulled the plug losing Ashton and Appleton along the way we could well be challenging for promotion or already be in the Championship.
We’re a similar size to Southend and Gillingham who are both traditionally Div 3

I havent had a ST for a few seasons now ( work commitments etc) ...me Dad Sister and Nephew will be renewing theirs .... I'll continue going to watch and support my team, getting along to as many games, home and away, as n when i can (as I have done since easter 1963)- and U18 & U23 games too ...OUFC are the team I support

Dubious owners actually allowed us to play at a higher level...

We’re a similar size to Southend and Gillingham who are both traditionally Div 3

We probably are before the rent and service charges. I reckon you could take off aprox 1500 of our season ticket holders to pay for that which puts us down a notch even on those clubs unfortunately.

Bit of a nonsense poll. We don't know:

- what division we will be in
- what players are in the squad
- how much investment has been made
- the board structure and level of influence of each member
- who the manager will be
- our form until the end of the season
- etc.

Also, the people who bother to read/contribute to this forum will be diehards in the main and so the poll here will be heavily skewed towards 'yes'. What would be more interesting is to take a poll from ST holders who only took one out in the last 3 years. Even then though, the above bullets apply.....

Back
Top Bottom