Season Ticket Prices

Each individual card did.
What I meant was, they haven't been sent out. Paid for two a couple of weeks ago and so far, nothing. No big deal unless you consider the £1350.00 paid up front. Was the same last season, didn't see our season tickets until the day of the first game. Was hoping that this season would be slightly more efficient.

Have i missed any updates on a finance option as this is critical to me being able to renew (and others i'd imagine).

Have i missed any updates on a finance option as this is critical to me being able to renew (and others i'd imagine).
No you havent.
The previous Company that provided the option has withdrawn from offering this.
Many clubs have been affected and are looking into whether they can get an alternative- nothing has been announced yet.

Can you open a 0% credit card just for the purposes of buying the season ticket? I appreciate you may or may not be able to (or don't want to) but it would be a way around the finance issue.
0%? Blimey! I'll have one of those please. Where do I apply?

Any reason clubs cannot set up their own direct debit or standing orders facility? would seem the logical thing to do

How many people pay for their season tickets by this method? It's strange that the clubs don't seem to be that bothered.

How many people pay for their season tickets by this method? It's strange that the clubs don't seem to be that bothered.

I think the club will have been trying all they can to find a replacement provider as it is in their interests to sell season tickets, and they have been pretty good in what they've done to try to sell them already.

Last edited:
Any reason clubs cannot set up their own direct debit or standing orders facility? would seem the logical thing to do

I'd assume there is a number of legal and financial hoops they'd have to jump through to even consider becoming a provider of credit and I doubt they'd have had the time to go through that process. I could be very wrong though.

I'd assume there is a number of legal and financial hoops they'd have to jump through to even consider becoming a provider of credit and I doubt they'd have had the time to go through that process. I could be very wrong though.
I'd think you were very right in your assumption. Getting past all the legalities of providing credit with the chequered financial past of the club could be a nightmare! I dare say the cost would be prohibitive as well.
Seems to me that this would be something to take forward to the EFL for study. If the clubs could add a small percentage onto the cost of the ticket as a fee to the provider, the EFL could be seen to be doing something to boost attendances. If all the clubs in the EFL subscribed to the service it should be at the very least, cost neutral and possibly even produce a small profit.

And I get the MSE email every week! Knew all about balance transfers, didn't realise you could get 0% from scratch. Good spot!
Yes. I did this for a couple seasons. They have been on the market for a good while now. Good way of doing it and I went for the ones that gave you a couple of years 0%.

Back
Top Bottom