General Season ticket offer

At last..... marketing that offers potentially good ROI for the club.

Just need some use of the ticket database which must be immense now!

At last..... marketing that offers potentially good ROI for the club.

Just need some use of the ticket database which must be immense now!
I think thats improved recently too. Frequency and quality. They undoubtedly have some gdpr issues with past data where we didn't ask for marketing opt-in when flogging tickets.

good idea and anything to improve marketing is a bonus.
would like to see more offers like bring a friend for half price, or a quid or something similar. try to fill the empty seats a bit more for certain games, and if we're having a good season with exciting football and players then some of these may be more inclined to return

wonder if the club would ever be brave and do similar to Bradford. sell cheaper season tickets and have more people buying.
as much as I hate that stadium, on the times it's nearly full it can generate a decent atmosphere

it's a start i guess but would have extended to include Tuesdays game

The Negative Wanting the Full amount by Monday, no reason to exclude payment options and if that really can't be done extend the offer to End of month when most people get paid.

I expect the finance option isn’t included because people could get there refund off the club and cancel/stop paying the finance at any time. I think it’s a good little initiative by the club, although appreciate for some it would be hard to find the full amount by Monday, but then the finance offer is always there to split the cost, surely no one would be that worried about losing the cost of a £20ish ticket split over 10 months if they really wanted a ST!?
Agree with abbeyox post above as well, kids for a quid and similar offers should be done now and again too for games that are likely to be lower attendances, let’s get the place full.

I expect the finance option isn’t included because people could get there refund off the club and cancel/stop paying the finance at any time. I think it’s a good little initiative by the club, although appreciate for some it would be hard to find the full amount by Monday, but then the finance offer is always there to split the cost, surely no one would be that worried about losing the cost of a £20ish ticket split over 10 months if they really wanted a ST!?
Agree with abbeyox post above as well, kids for a quid and similar offers should be done now and again too for games that are likely to be lower attendances, let’s get the place full.

sorry but people could cancel anyway if they are that way inclined and i seriously doubt anyone would do that do you? Would you potentially risk losing a few hundred paying fans because there may be an odd person playing the system?

You have to keep in mind the offer is aimed and those who have not got a season ticket for whatever reason and are being asked to find £200 + in 4 days they haven't budgeted for and in the middle of the month

What are the numbers of likely sign ups in the the timeframe as opposed to end of month or spread the cost facility?

sorry but people could cancel anyway if they are that way inclined and i seriously doubt anyone would do that do you? Would you potentially risk losing a few hundred paying fans because there may be an odd person playing the system?

You have to keep in mind the offer is aimed and those who have not got a season ticket for whatever reason and are being asked to find £200 + in 4 days they haven't budgeted for and in the middle of the month

What are the numbers of likely sign ups in the the timeframe as opposed to end of month or spread the cost facility?
its a good/decent gesture by the club... but, as @horseman has pointed out, timing/ timescale really hasnt factored in the reality of when people are paid. At least that appears how it is? ... maybe an extension to the cut off date, as in past the payday for most people, on the offer would prove a better option?

I'm sorry but I'm struggling to see why the club is getting criticism for this.

Me too, they could have done absolutely nothing but they’ve tried to tempt a few more in to a season ticket. Some people just go straight for the negatives I suppose.

Where is the criticism? seems you're not meant to have a view on here anymore

Where is the criticism? seems you're not meant to have a view on here anymore

indeed , I agree 100% @horseman

I dunno where the negativism is supposed to hiding in words to the effect of ... 'good gesture by the club, but, it appears pay dates haven't been factored in, perhaps they'll extend the deadline':oops:

those with enough disposable income will almost all have already purchased season tickets, those whove not yet purchased a season ticket are likely to be those on a tight budget... a tight budget invariably won't stretch to an extra / 'spare' few hundred quid or so mid month, wheras a deadline that factors in end of the month pay dates would be do-able, albeit at a squeeze ? ... is pointing out that particular likelihood/ scenario a negative? I dont think so ... but hey, forums are about sharing different opinions..., arent they? :unsure:

suppose some people try and find negatives in, well, absolutely nothing at all, or see criticism where theres merely a view or an opinion posted ... forums eh :rolleyes:

indeed , I agree 100% @horseman

I dunno where the negativism is supposed to hiding in words to the effect of ... 'good gesture by the club, but, it appears pay dates haven't been factored in, perhaps they'll extend the deadline':oops:

those with enough disposable income will almost all have already purchased season tickets, those whove not yet purchased a season ticket are likely to be those on a tight budget... a tight budget invariably won't stretch to an extra / 'spare' few hundred quid or so mid month, wheras a deadline that factors in end of the month pay dates would be do-able, albeit at a squeeze ? ... is pointing out that particular likelihood/ scenario a negative? I dont think so ... but hey, forums are about sharing different opinions..., arent they? :unsure:

suppose some people try and find negatives in, well, absolutely nothing at all, or see criticism where theres merely a view or an opinion posted ... forums eh :rolleyes:

My post was referring to the comment above that actually used the words ‘The negative’ Before then going onto list the negatives, pretty easy to find a negative in that.

I think the club should offer free season tickets to the oxford ultras. Build bridges etc. More atmosphere, colour = more fans attending.

My post was referring to the comment above that actually used the words ‘The negative’ Before then going onto list the negatives, pretty easy to find a negative in that.

wasn't being negative about the offer merely suggested it may have been an idea to have the cut off point end of month to coincide with most peoples pay dates....You cannot click to buy if you don't have the funds (i am aware it was by phone )

constructive criticism :)))))

The club have extended the offer to include tonight's match. Good move, hopefully a fair few decide to take them up on it.

Back
Top Bottom