Matches Season ticket holders going to Wembley ?

I think they should of spaced us out around the ground could of been done in a safe way. There will be absolutely no social distancing in place Monday night in the Oxford pubs, homes, pubs around Wembley ??

I think they should have spaced us out around the ground and could have been done in a safe way.

That would have been the easiest part.

You would need to set up protection on the gates for people checking the tickets, preparing and training of stewards inside and out of the ground (including obtaining protective equipment for them), the concourses and toilets would have to be set-up for social distancing (not to mention cleaned as they haven't been used for months), arrangements for protection for these staff to implement these set-ups, getting the police to agree to be part of the security, getting beer and food for the concession stalls, and more!

It's a pretty massive logistical task to sort out inside of 5 days.

Yet Biztah WillAge is open to all commercial. No social distancing there......

Obvious that the request was going to be refused. What would we take ?. Maybe 4000, Wycombe maybe 2000. Ok, it could be done with more time. But. League 2playoffs have gone, Championship would be a different kettle of fish for separation with how many would be there for that match, so i can clearly understand the answer in the current climate. Also, were the club thinking a sudden increase of season ticket revenue, i wonder..

Obvious that the request was going to be refused. What would we take ?. Maybe 4000, Wycombe maybe 2000. Ok, it could be done with more time. But. League 2playoffs have gone, Championship would be a different kettle of fish for separation with how many would be there for that match, so i can clearly understand the answer in the current climate. Also, were the club thinking a sudden increase of season ticket revenue, i wonder..

It would have been current season ticket holders for this season. Not next season ticket holders. So don't see how the club could of made any extra money.

Of course it would be this seasons ticket holders, forgot we are still in the current season

Wycombe fans are telling us we don’t get large attendances. Wycombe!
We have a 3 sided ground, when their own holdsonly 9,500.
We were in the conference 10 years ago. They got in the league in 93.
love it.

That would have been the easiest part.

You would need to set up protection on the gates for people checking the tickets, preparing and training of stewards inside and out of the ground (including obtaining protective equipment for them), the concourses and toilets would have to be set-up for social distancing (not to mention cleaned as they haven't been used for months), arrangements for protection for these staff to implement these set-ups, getting the police to agree to be part of the security, getting beer and food for the concession stalls, and more!

It's a pretty massive logistical task to sort out inside of 5 days.

It is except it wouldn't have been 5 days pubs re opened last weekend. The play off finals were always going to take place once the fa decided football would resume. What's easier strapping a load of cardboard cutouts around the ground I suppose.....

Has there been any sort of indication from the government as to when fans are likely to be allowed back in? Is it likely to be in time for the new season (whenever that is!). Personally I don’t understand why pubs, cinemas and another indoor venues can open and football stadiums can’t (at least to members, ST holders etc - with appropriate social distancing)
Flicking through the sports channels last week and I noticed fans at Polish league games. They are allowed 25% of capacity in each stadium. Hungary are using a different system,1 person per every 4 seats and every other row empty. Russia are allowing 10% of capacity.
If we start next season in September I think something similar will be put in place here. But obviously not if there is a second wave which is very likely!!

Flicking through the sports channels last week and I noticed fans at Polish league games. They are allowed 25% of capacity in each stadium. Hungary are using a different system,1 person per every 4 seats and every other row empty. Russia are allowing 10% of capacity.
If we start next season in September I think something similar will be put in place here. But obviously not if there is a second wave which is very likely!!
I believe the clubs are planning on 25% capacity when they are allowed to return

That's about 3000 assuming we don't have away fans in there, which I'd hope we didn't.

with no away fans wouldnt 25% of the breeze block capacity - if that's correct, as in 25%? ( anyone have a link to any official EFL, EPL, FA source , or is 25% a speculative figure plucked out of the air, rather hopefully?) , would be more like 4000 ?

with no away fans wouldnt 25% of the breeze block capacity - if that's correct, as in 25%? ( anyone have a link to any official EFL, EPL, FA source , or is 25% a speculative figure plucked out of the air, rather hopefully?) , would be more like 4000 ?
I thought the capacity was 12,500? if so, that's 3125

I believe the official max capacity is 12,500. So with no away fans and the whole North Stand available - that would make 3125? Unless there is some flexibility in the South stand due to the two tiers?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom