Ex Player Sean Clare

KR once sent a player called Baldock out on loan, and recalled him once the loan had sufficiently developed him.

I believe that KR stated that the loan wasn't the end of his time at Oxford.

I suspect not based on their cost cutting over last summer unless we were prepared to take a significant loss on him.

I hope if we sell Clare we get at least what we paid for him, but then he will come back and haunt us.

11 bookings in 28 games!
Maybe he could alternate with Gorrin and if you take account of suspensions we could have a whole player!
that's odd, he looks like a slender mild chap! Mind you Gorrin isn't a man mountain

KR once sent a player called Baldock out on loan, and recalled him once the loan had sufficiently developed him.

I believe that KR stated that the loan wasn't the end of his time at Oxford.
KR also used to play Baldock in midfield :)

The odd thing was that Sean Clare had never shown even a hint that he was a right back. He was fast. Thats it. Usually there is something that makes you think theres potential in that position. Dodgy positioning, unable to tackle, bad marking. All key things for a right back.

It was one of the worst examples of Square peg in round hole i can recall.

KR also used to play Baldock in midfield :)

The odd thing was that Sean Clare had never shown even a hint that he was a right back. He was fast. Thats it. Usually there is something that makes you think theres potential in that position. Dodgy positioning, unable to tackle, bad marking. All key things for a right back.

It was one of the worst examples of Square peg in round hole i can recall.
He played right back for Hearts and had his best spell for them there lol

Still cannot believe we loaned him out and kept Hall because hes good around the place and KR's mate.

I would like to see him back but for him to go out on loan maybe something happened. But he started to look better and seemed a good athlete maybe a good box to box midfielder and good cover. Midfield is definitely where we need a lot of work doing in the market.

Still cannot believe we loaned him out and kept Hall because hes good around the place and KR's mate.
That was to do with wages,Hall was on hardly anything while Clare was on much more.at the time we needed to make sure other transfers could happen due to the squad/wage cap.

That was to do with wages,Hall was on hardly anything while Clare was on much more.at the time we needed to make sure other transfers could happen due to the squad/wage cap.
Not only that, you need another willing team to make a loan deal work, loaning Clare would have been far easier than Hall I would have thought.

Way better in midfield one of the big positives to take from tonight looks like genuine competition for Gorrin. I know it was only pre season and Oxford City but like watching a different player to the one at right back last year.
Couldnโ€™t follow the game last night. So he played as a CDM? I always thought he did his best stuff when attacking rather than defending.

Back
Top Bottom