Ex Player Sean Clare

or..... could of changed direction and gone for Rod Fanni

We could sign someone called Oppenhauser and people would still try and shoehorn him into that tired gag.

An Oppen Hauser could be the Key we're looking for!!!

(Don't worry, I've got my coat and I'm already f*****g off!!!!)

loving his attitude. think this will prove to be a great signing.
bit harsh on Long as he had a good season but hopefully the competition will improve him. also good to have two different styles of right back

loving his attitude. think this will prove to be a great signing.
bit harsh on Long as he had a good season but hopefully the competition will improve him. also good to have two different styles of right back

Apparently Kyran Lofthouse played right back for the U23s last night as well and had a good game.

Apparently Kyran Lofthouse played right back for the U23s last night as well and had a good game.
Interesting news. I saw him play in a cup game at Huddersfield last season and wondered whether this might be tried as we have prioritised this position through the past couple of years; if one of our own younger players can fill this position why not go with it?

Interesting news. I saw him play in a cup game at Huddersfield last season and wondered whether this might be tried as we have prioritised this position through the past couple of years; if one of our own younger players can fill this position why not go with it?
Very promising youngster, quick, with an eye for goalscoring too, is young Kyran Lofthouse

Very promising youngster, quick, with an eye for goalscoring too, is young Kyran Lofthouse
Lofthouse seems very much in the same mould as Clare, which is the way Robinson seems to want to go with the RB position. Which begs the question where does that leave Long in the long term? It has crossed my mind whether he could play CDM. Likes a tackle, is relatively mobile, good in the air and has a decent passing game. He’s not really someone who’s going to bomb on down the right wing.

He has played right back for the Youth team.

Lofthouse seems very much in the same mould as Clare, which is the way Robinson seems to want to go with the RB position. Which begs the question where does that leave Long in the long term? It has crossed my mind whether he could play CDM. Likes a tackle, is relatively mobile, good in the air and has a decent passing game. He’s not really someone who’s going to bomb on down the right wing.
Long is a good utility player to have around as can cover all of the defence. There may be games where we need a more defensive minded full back too. I agree with most of what you say about him but I actually think passing is one area he could really improve in. When you watch him, he does lack a little composure when under any pressure and often makes a misplaced pass. I actually think he will improve and hasn't reached the point where he is a good as it gets.

Long will also be called upon to be Ruffle's understudy, when required. I think he'll get a few games next season, but not as many as the last.

I for one was so deflated once Sam Long took over as RB from Cadden. How underwhelming was it, to watch Long be outpaced and easily knocked off the ball? He was the definite weak link for me and I think Robbo knew that as he's been looking for a replacement since Cadden left.

I for one was so deflated once Sam Long took over as RB from Cadden. How underwhelming was it, to watch Long be outpaced and easily knocked off the ball? He was the definite weak link for me and I think Robbo knew that as he's been looking for a replacement since Cadden left.
I think pace and stamina wise, Long is OK. I just don't think he has the attacking edge that Robinson wants from a full back. I think he also lacks composure on the ball. Like I've said before, he strikes me as somebody who works hard as a professional and I think Long is not the finished article. I think he will improve.

How underwhelming was it watching this player help get us into the playoffs?

Saying Long was a weak leak is incorrect, in my view. He was perfectly steady, solid, hard-working. He was a 6 or 7 out of 10 player most weeks. The problem was, he was replacing Chris Cadden who was a very potent attacking threat and often the player who almost all of our play went through. Long just isn’t that kind of right back and was never going to replicate Cadden’s buccaneering runs...

Saying Long was a weak leak is incorrect, in my view. He was perfectly steady, solid, hard-working. He was a 6 or 7 out of 10 player most weeks. The problem was, he was replacing Chris Cadden who was a very potent attacking threat and often the player who almost all of our play went through. Long just isn’t that kind of right back and was never going to replicate Cadden’s buccaneering runs...
Long is actually a CB , who can play anywhere across the back four, IMO a very handy player to have in our matchday squad, always gives 100%, whether he is in the starting 11 or providing cover from the bench.
And, as a Bicester lad, he is one of our own

Long is actually a CB , who can play anywhere across the back four, IMO a very handy player to have in our matchday squad, always gives 100%, whether he is in the starting 11 or providing cover from the bench.
And, as a Bicester lad, he is one of our own
Glad you have mentioned that @Sarge - his versatility gives us more strength in depth across the back than we had this season just gone!

And the fact HOOOO, obvs

Seem to remember that his first couple of appearances were as a DM

Back
Top Bottom