Scunthorpe sack Alexander

Peterdev

Not sure what they expect. I know they made the play offs last year. This year there have Blackburn and Wigan returning as expected to the championship.
Scunthorpe already fifth but on a bad run. Do they really expect someone to come in and make an immediate impact with the prospect of being discarded at the end of the season?
Maybe a chance for Sven or Wally to put their reputation on the line

Not sure what they expect. I know they made the play offs last year. This year there have Blackburn and Wigan returning as expected to the championship.
Scunthorpe already fifth but on a bad run. Do they really expect someone to come in and make an immediate impact with the prospect of being discarded at the end of the season?
Maybe a chance for Sven or Wally to put their reputation on the line

I wonder how many pages the Scunny forum will get to before they announce a new manager.

Sky Bet: Alexander favourite for new Oxford manager!

Small club punching well above their weight, if they did go up theyd come straight back down again.

Pointless sacking.

Isn’t this the second year they have fallen away badly, so I suppose that makes it a bit more understandable. But it was always going to be hard to go up this year, Wigan are still on parachute payments and Blackburn are, for this level loaded. Probably won’t be much easier next season, Sunderland will be getting £25 million plus in parachute payments so they truly are a basket case if they cants win the league with that.

Small club punching well above their weight, if they did go up theyd come straight back down again.

Pointless sacking.

On the surface of it I agree - can only guess they have some hefty financial backing?

On the surface of it I agree - can only guess they have some hefty financial backing?

And a new ground in the offing. I think it will be the first ground built in my lifetime that I can remember being replaced. Maybe Darlo, except they're not the original Darlo any more.

Wonder if the Breezeblock will be the next?

Back
Top Bottom