Scum & Their Stadium

Christchurch Meadow or University Parks then ? ;)
Is the oxpens area available, although might be a bit tight but they are going as far as the railway line I believe.
Failing that somewhere near Oxford Parkway although it may create the same old problem traffic wise

The access is only great for those who can drive there. Not the easiest via public transport. Getting a bus to the centre, then to the ground is a long travel time for something which would be a quick drive. I live a 20 minute ish drive from the ground, the bus would take over an hour.

They are building a train station which would improve it no end. But where ever u put it around the ring road/county, someone will say its hard to get to for them, with no direct busses unless its on their door step, or bang in the city centre which aint gonna happen. More special busses are being trialed again next season, but it needs people to use them, or they will stop like last time.

Wherever a potential ground ends up there will be moaners. Important though to be in the City itself, Can't stand these new grounds. Pubs, cafes, bookies nearby all enhance the experience not grounds on complexes. Will be difficult in Oxford though

They are building a train station which would improve it no end. But where ever u put it around the ring road/county, someone will say its hard to get to for them, with no direct busses unless its on their door step, or bang in the city centre which aint gonna happen. More special busses are being trialed again next season, but it needs people to use them, or they will stop like last time.

Is the train station plan finalised then? Be a big plus point, I have moved away but being able to use the train on games where I fancy a few drinks would be a plus point, be nice to be able to go for a drink in town ato celebrate our promotion to the premier league in a few years.

Is the train station plan finalised then? Be a big plus point, I have moved away but being able to use the train on games where I fancy a few drinks would be a plus point, be nice to be able to go for a drink in town ato celebrate our promotion to the premier league in a few years.

Think its close, it was said next year but thats probably a little optimistic. But with the science park expanding and mass building planned in the area i would think it gets even more likely. Even if we move, realistically we will be at the kassam till end of lease anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it close, it was said next year but thats probably a little optimistic. But with the science park expanding and mass building planned in the area i would think it gets even more likely. Even if we move, realistically we will be at the kassam till end of lease anyway

The mass building opposite the stadium might be on hold after the Council election for South Oxon DC, as both the Lib Dems and Greens have said they are against the latest Local Plan which includes this, Chalgrove Airport and Culham.

Back
Top Bottom