Scum & Their Stadium

Yellows1

The homeless and hopefully penniless scum can set up camp and live in the dump when Honda leave town. Oxfam is not for Wiltshire

Agreed! Our concrete breeze block with a fence for an end, P**s overflowing out the toilets, difficult access and little atmosphere is definitely better.
Now’t wrong with the access.
You been to:
Charlton, Brentford,Bury,Accrington,Pompey etc etc

The homeless and hopefully penniless scum can set up camp and live in the dump when Honda leave town. Oxfam is not for Wiltshire

Typical of a certain type of “fan”.
No doubt I will get a reply, stating that you were not being serious.

I see the Scum council have got Involved whereas our council don’t want football in Oxford hence the shot we’re getting over someone trying to purchase the ground. Mind you a thought if the OCC were to get involved with a buyer maybe the potential buyer could offer to build in a few student flats..... that will clinch the deal.

This certainly puts our own stadium problems back into sharp focus. We really do need to get the situation resolved ASAP. Owners and managers might get the supporters backs up and cause concern, but they come and go. The stadium is the single biggest factor that’s holding the club back and the situation can’t be allowed to run on and on.

The stadium is the single biggest factor that’s holding the club back and the situation can’t be allowed to run on and on.

Like it has since sometime in the 1970`s ? Pretty much everyone "in charge" since then has tried & failed until FK tried & succeeded in moving the ground. The chances of the City Council supporting another move is zilch.
The best bet, from our perspective, is doing exactly what Scum have done.
Buy the ground, improve it and take the millstone from the football clubs neck.

Anyone got £20+ million to spare??

Like it has since sometime in the 1970`s ? Pretty much everyone "in charge" since then has tried & failed until FK tried & succeeded in moving the ground. The chances of the City Council supporting another move is zilch.

Maybe their support will be a little above zilch if housing can be built on the kasStad site and a conference centre built on our new stadium site.

Not strictly true though, the ground was already WIP when the money ran out and the council did a dodgy deal with uncle Firoz to take it over.

It would seem to me Swindon got a fair price for their stadium. Obviously, football clubs at our level tend to be loss making organisations so valuating the stadium can be tricky. I would like to believe the kassam had some protection as an community asset but if I remember correctly, the Manor also had some law protecting it from commercial development. Cynically I believe there are ways of getting round such laws.

Swindon’s ground has a long standing covenant on it which means it can only be used as a sporting/recreational facility. I guess this might affect the price.

Back
Top Bottom