Champions League Scousers v Real

To add to the **** organisation is the exclusion of disabled people. The SdF has 550 disabled spaces, but only 96 were available for the final (38 for each team plus 20 for general sale). UEFA said this was for "security reasons" - of course that was a lie. Turns out the pitch-side media platforms were built on the disabled area. Stevie and Michael were stood on a platform over disabled spaces...
FT9EnTLXsAAgiAY.jpg

FT9EnTJWQAM1FcO.jpg

To add to the **** organisation is the exclusion of disabled people. The SdF has 550 disabled spaces, but only 96 were available for the final (38 for each team plus 20 for general sale). UEFA said this was for "security reasons" - of course that was a lie. Turns out the pitch-side media platforms were built on the disabled area. Stevie and Michael were stood on a platform over disabled spaces...
FT9EnTLXsAAgiAY.jpg

FT9EnTJWQAM1FcO.jpg
f*****g disgraceful .... revoke them holding the egg chasers world cup, Olympics ( and .... Paralympics!!!) at that stadium

So not just a Liverpool fans' problem then. The French authorities are looking more like liars everyday.

Strange that the Real Madrid fans were in the stadium in plenty of time.............. just an attempt to deflect blame from those "who must never be blamed". Never their fault.

Strange that the Real Madrid fans were in the stadium in plenty of time.............. just an attempt to deflect blame from those "who must never be blamed". Never their fault.

They had their fanzone nearer to the stadium I think and Liverpool fans' were queueing outside the stadium hours before as has been documented.

Also, why would Real Madrid ask questions to deflect blame from Liverpool fans?

They had their fanzone nearer to the stadium I think and Liverpool fans' were queueing outside the stadium hours before as has been documented.

Also, why would Real Madrid ask questions to deflect blame from Liverpool fans?

Root cause analysis - thousands of Liverpool fans with shady or no tickets mixed up with the 20k that had bona fide tickets. That is your starting point, of course everyone conveniently forgets that every single time.

The proximity of fanzones? Hey, leave earlier rather than getting ratted.

If you know there are 40k without tickets then get to the ground well before the outer barriers/gates open.

Why are Real asking? Politics and money of course.

Root cause analysis - thousands of Liverpool fans with shady or no tickets mixed up with the 20k that had bona fide tickets. That is your starting point, of course everyone conveniently forgets that every single time.

If you know there are 40k without tickets then get to the ground well before the outer barriers/gates open.

You need to read/watch the news reports again or you are the French Interior Minister and I claim my £5 as your maths is up there with his.

There were people that were there 2 hours early still had issues.\

RM fans weren't entirely free of issues. But they had an "easier" end of the ground to get to due to the public transport strikes in Paris that w/e. The metro wasn't running, only the RER - Liverpool fans were told to exit the RER at a particular station, which then involved crossing the path of 2 motorways via narrow passages with no stewarding. The RM fans were told to exit at different station with easier access.

There were not 40k ticketless fans at the ground, they were mostly elsewhere in Paris - and this was encouraged by UEFA and the French authorities. Yes there were some trying to get in with fake tickets (they of course may not have known they were fake - just taking a punt off a tout), but nowhere near some of the hysteric figures initially screamed. Most of those caught having bunked in have been French.

Unsurprisingly the equally corrupt UEFA have issued ToR for an inquiry.

Still, it`ll keep the apologists happy.

"Transport strikes and crossing roads........" pish to the wind. If there aren`t 40k ticketless fans then a percentage won`t "try it on" will they? Stay at home if you can`t get a ticket and watch it on telly.

They have previous and they will do it again and it won`t be their fault, never is.

Don't think this got posted before - DW journalists twitter blog of it, and full article.

I've waited to post on this thread, but I have to say the blaming of Liverpool fans makes me want to cry, and I am definitely not pro-Scouse.
Even moreso the raising of blame of Liverpool fans for Hillsborough. Seriously?
Stop blaming fans, and blame bad policing and crowd control. Football fans everywhere deserve better. These organisations have zero corporate memory and just make the same stupid mistakes over and over.

When Oxford fans get the rough end of thoughtless police treatment, it is the same. Don't blame the fans.

From another article by someone else at DW (not a scouser, and reporting what a French supporters' rep is saying):

'An archaic policing strategy'

For Ronan Evain, director of Football Supporters Europe (FSE) and a fan of French side Nantes, on the other hand, the escalation at Saint-Etienne had more to do with specific local tensions between club and fans, which have been growing for years.

Of course, there were no French clubs involved in the Champions League final in Paris on Saturday, and Evain says those incidents are more closely linked to those in the first half of the season, which he puts down to an "archaic" policing strategy.

"It all starts with the illusion surrounding the nature of traveling football supporters and the assumption that they are hooligans," he tells DW. "For the police on duty in Paris on Saturday, they weren't dealing with the Liverpool supporters of 2022; they were dealing with the Liverpool supporters of 1980. The whole approach is dictated by a perception no longer rooted in reality."

Unsurprisingly the equally corrupt UEFA have issued ToR for an inquiry.

Still, it`ll keep the apologists happy.

"Transport strikes and crossing roads........" pish to the wind. If there aren`t 40k ticketless fans then a percentage won`t "try it on" will they? Stay at home if you can`t get a ticket and watch it on telly.

They have previous and they will do it again and it won`t be their fault, never is.

Don't think this got posted before - DW journalists twitter blog of it, and full article.

I've waited to post on this thread, but I have to say the blaming of Liverpool fans makes me want to cry, and I am definitely not pro-Scouse.
Even moreso the raising of blame of Liverpool fans for Hillsborough. Seriously?
Stop blaming fans, and blame bad policing and crowd control. Football fans everywhere deserve better. These organisations have zero corporate memory and just make the same stupid mistakes over and over.

When Oxford fans get the rough end of thoughtless police treatment, it is the same. Don't blame the fans.

Plenty of large scale spectator events take place without any issue across football, rugby, horse racing, cricket, live concerts etc etc etc.

Do not ignore the common denominator in these particular issues, they need to accept their contribution which is always "washed away" .......until the next time.

Plenty of large scale spectator events take place without any issue across football, rugby, horse racing, cricket, live concerts etc etc etc.

Do not ignore the common denominator in these particular issues, they need to accept their contribution which is always "washed away" .......until the next time.

The only common denominator with this is your prejudice.

It's like a microcosm of society, this displaced self-loathing. You know that people who don't like football see you this way too?

Back
Top Bottom