Champions League Scousers v Real

Isn’t everyone bored of this as a headline for 3 days running. If it was any other club the story would have died days ago. Really don’t get the press love in with Liverpool? Only thing I can think is that they are all scared that the city will turn their back on them like they did the Sun if they don’t keep it up.

Its the new #cakegate.......................... and nobody mentions the thousands of ticketless fans that were out there and adding to the issue.

Isn’t everyone bored of this as a headline for 3 days running. If it was any other club the story would have died days ago. Really don’t get the press love in with Liverpool? Only thing I can think is that they are all scared that the city will turn their back on them like they did the Sun if they don’t keep it up.

Amen to that post.

It’s utterly ridiculous the media love in with the red mongrels.

We’re 48 hours from the start of McCullum’s reign as England head coach of the cricket team (with selection up for grabs also), we had the challenge cup final Saturday, we are in the midst of the French open, it was Monaco GP on Sunday, the T20 Blast is well underway and there are a number of transfer speculation stories doing the rounds. Yet despite all of that actual sports news, we are STILL hearing about how hard done by the scouse supporters with and WITHOUT tickets, were on Saturday night!

Last word from me

if Oxford were in that final and "Only" 19.000 tickets were available would our fans travel without tickets?

Now let's put aside who was playing for a moment, the stadium holds 80.000 yet "Only" 36000 ticjkets in "Total" were given to 2 well supported clubs throughout Europe and beyond. So yet again the case of the Genuine fans being pi**ed on by the powers that be. Oh and £450-£500 for a Genuine ticket with a "Restricted View"

Last word from me

if Oxford were in that final and "Only" 19.000 tickets were available would our fans travel without tickets?

Now let's put aside who was playing for a moment, the stadium holds 80.000 yet "Only" 36000 ticjkets in "Total" were given to 2 well supported clubs throughout Europe and beyond. So yet again the case of the Genuine fans being pi**ed on by the powers that be. Oh and £450-£500 for a Genuine ticket with a "Restricted View"

I dare say we would - especially if, as Klopp did, we were actively encouraged too by our manager before the game!

That said, Oxford haven’t been party to a previous stadium catastrophe that we were a contributing factor in, have we? Surely, after years of campaigning for ‘Hillsborough Justice’ you’d think Liverpool fans would know better than to flood the immediate area outside a football stadium with people who don’t have admittance to the game? You can dress it up how you like but it’s incredibly ironic.

Despite all of that, I definitely don’t agree with how the tickets for these major finals are distributed and ‘proper’ supporters are overlooked far too often for corporate show ponies - most certainly!

Is anyone genuinely surprised? It was an accident waiting to happen.

Thousands of ticketless fans, actively encouraged by the Liverpool manager to travel, and an Anglophobe French president.

Is anyone genuinely surprised? It was an accident waiting to happen.

Thousands of ticketless fans, actively encouraged by the Liverpool manager to travel, and an Anglophobe French president.
Yes, and the Paris authorities created a fan park that was in SE Paris, 12km away from the stadium especially for that - like many other similar finals have had. And there appear to be plenty of fans there (who actually probably had a better time than those with tickets at the stadium).
Screen-Shot-2022-05-28-at-16.58.59-960x620-c-default.png

The figures being bounced around by the French minister just don't add up. To claim that 70% of the tickets checked were fake is ludicrous (though didn't actually say how many they checked, nor how they decided they were fake) - they later backtrack and say 40000. Flailing around to create narrative.

I have to hold my hands up, I was a tad quick into laying the blame at the Liverpool fans.
At the time it did all point to the fans being the problem when the Reap Madrid fans were all in the stadium.
Obviously with the history that Liverpool fans have in Europe ( and no doubt I will be shouted down by one gobby poster who has supported the Liverpool fans ) it looked like they were the cause of the issues that happened pre the match. I’m sure there were a few that were trying to get in who weren’t entitled but no where near the % the French ministers are claiming.
They are just trying to cover their arses and hopefully UEFA will take the appropriate action and hold the French fully accountable.
So I apologise to the Liverpool fans for what happened at the stadium.

I have to hold my hands up, I was a tad quick into laying the blame at the Liverpool fans.
At the time it did all point to the fans being the problem when the Reap Madrid fans were all in the stadium.
Obviously with the history that Liverpool fans have in Europe ( and no doubt I will be shouted down by one gobby poster who has supported the Liverpool fans ) it looked like they were the cause of the issues that happened pre the match. I’m sure there were a few that were trying to get in who weren’t entitled but no where near the % the French ministers are claiming.
They are just trying to cover their arses and hopefully UEFA will take the appropriate action and hold the French fully accountable.
So I apologise to the Liverpool fans for what happened at the stadium.

UEFA may be as much to blame as they were in control of the site.

UEFA may be as much to blame as they were in control of the site.
True but for the French to lay the blame away from them and UEFA, I wouldn’t have expected anything different from and anti U.K. country

True but for the French to lay the blame away from them and UEFA, I wouldn’t have expected anything different from and anti U.K. country
And which of our authorities stood up and took blame for the Euros final fiasco? Many in France, including the former head of Paris police said it was a failure of policing and organisation.

And which of our authorities stood up and took blame for the Euros final fiasco? Many in France, including the former head of Paris police said it was a failure of policing and organisation.
More than likely.

There seems to be a common factor here who had control of the Stadium.....

The obvious solution to this, once you accept that UEFA are useless and Liverpool are C***s is to ban Liverpool from the champions league next year and let’s us replace them, with the money we get from getting beaten 6 times in the group stage we will walk league one. Don’t even have to play any more games, just let the scousers replace us in the Leyland Johns trophy.

It’s odd how so many people are slamming ticketless Liverpool fans for travelling yet there wasn’t the same outrage when Rangers took over 100000 fans who didn’t have tickets for the Europa league final.

For years gone by fans who don’t have tickets have gone over to the final and sat in fan parks for the game.

It is quite clear from footage and people who were there that the police were over the top and it was very badly organised.

Will there be the same stance and blame when England fans are set on by police or other club’s fans?

Back
Top Bottom