Non-League Scottish 'B' Teams proposal

SteMerritt

Staff member

Moves in Scotland for 'B' Teams in the league structure. If it happens, I think we will struggle to keep them out of our game.

Moves in Scotland for 'B' Teams in the league structure. If it happens, I think we will struggle to keep them out of our game.
Nah, lots of undeveloped countries have them. We have strong lower leagues so don’t need them.

We opened the box the day they were allowed into the Trophy. It’s when, not if.

They also have B teams here in Malaysia. Do remember these teams can get relegated but cannot into the same league as their A side.

If the 4 division structure is to continue to exist, either they don't penalise teams for financial difficulties or they could let B teams in.

If in Div 1, would you rather play against the likes of Accrington or Liverpool B?

They also have B teams here in Malaysia. Do remember these teams can get relegated but cannot into the same league as their A side.

If the 4 division structure is to continue to exist, either they don't penalise teams for financial difficulties or they could let B teams in.

If in Div 1, would you rather play against the likes of Accrington or Liverpool B?

Accrington every time.

We have an incredibly strong pyramid in this country, perhaps the best/deepest in the world, so there are plenty of clubs that could come in to replace any victims of this current crisis and ahead of any b-teams without devaluing the competition.

We had a strong pyramid but who knows with Covid-19, this will be the opportunity they have been waiting for if the pyramid is weakened by clubs suffering financial issues.

I
Yep. Accrington or less fixtures. Never a B Team under any circumstances for me.
I agree. I much prefer the feeder club concept to b teams. It just feeds the Chelsea style acquisitive approach which screws young players and suffocated the actual game.

Of course a couple of years ago the Celtic B team would have been playing Rangers. That would have been a laugh

Accrington of course.

If clubs start going under due to the ongoing situation, I would expect this to raise it's head again

Personally, I like the idea of a shake up. I would also invite Celtic and Rangers into the English Leagues if they want.

Personally, I like the idea of a shake up. I would also invite Celtic and Rangers into the English Leagues if they want.
Regionalise leagues 1&2 into North and South, then have both and the Scottish premiership as feeders into the championship - not serious btw.

Back
Top Bottom