Scorchio!

Gary Baldi

Oh my word is it warm out there. Young oiks taking their tops off and fighting in the streets warm.

source.gif

I say this with love, but the British really are pathetic when it comes to anything other than benign weather!

Last weekend, it was hotter here in New Jersey than it is in London today, twice as humid, and people just got on with it.

As an expat, it's just a bit embarrassing hearing Brits whinging and making a big deal about weather that most of the rest of the world deals with all the time! The only thing I can't work out is whether it's worse when there's a 35C summer heatwave for a couple of days, or when it gets below zero for a few days in the middle of winter and a couple of inches of snow shut the whole country down!

Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come I luvvvvvv this hot weather perrrrfect for drinking and splashing around in the pool with the kids my day off by the way

I say this with love, but the British really are pathetic when it comes to anything other than benign weather!

Last weekend, it was hotter here in New Jersey than it is in London today, twice as humid, and people just got on with it.

As an expat, it's just a bit embarrassing hearing Brits whinging and making a big deal about weather that most of the rest of the world deals with all the time! The only thing I can't work out is whether it's worse when there's a 35C summer heatwave for a couple of days, or when it gets below zero for a few days in the middle of winter and a couple of inches of snow shut the whole country down!
I think the rest of the world are slightly more prepared for it, not many houses over here that have air conditioning....

No, on second thoughts, we are bloody pathetic. 2 days and it will be back to 19 degrees. Roll on October and our 40mph gust storm fronts battering the country.

Oh, and don't forget that earthquake that made the news a couple of years back, think it was 3 on the Richter Scale and made a cat fall over...

A colleague of mine is over from Florida at the moment. The basic message from him is buy air con and don't complain, or move to Florida and get air con. And a swimming pool. For less money than your pay for a house in the south ;)

But he did say the UK is completely unprepared for heat, cold and enjoys the middling weather.

It's Back
I nearly melted in the O2 down Cowley Rd last night
Who was on? Luckily I was in a field in Portsmouth, was cool after the sun dropped. The O2 is hot enough at the best of times, must have been unbearable.

Brighton was ridiculously hot.... though watching milky white people in shorts change colour chameleon like to varying shades of lobster red was a source of amusement, while I was working- even funnier said lobster people looking very uncomfortable dressed up of an evening, a pat on the back saying 'how you doing, not seen you for a while' wasnt best received either :sneaky: ... I was sensibly sporting a hat as well as covering up all 'parts' bar hands n face ( of course me nose is a bit pink, hat doesnt protect 100%! ) , and drank several pints of water during the sunshine hours, to stay hydrated. Surprised myself in how sensible I actually was :oops:

Who was on? Luckily I was in a field in Portsmouth, was cool after the sun dropped. The O2 is hot enough at the best of times, must have been unbearable.
Little Steven and the Disciples of soul.
Wasn't soldout but very busy. I strategically positioned myself at the bar near the AirCon. Even there it was sweltering

Brighton was ridiculously hot.... though watching milky white people in shorts change colour chameleon like to varying shades of lobster red was a source of amusement, while I was working- even funnier said lobster people looking very uncomfortable dressed up of an evening, a pat on the back saying 'how you doing, not seen you for a while' wasnt best received either :sneaky: ... I was sensibly sporting a hat as well as covering up all 'parts' bar hands n face ( of course me nose is a bit pink, hat doesnt protect 100%! ) , and drank several pints of water during the sunshine hours, to stay hydrated. Surprised myself in how sensible I actually was :oops:

You’re right @Sarge Brighton was the hottest I’ve known and I’ve been going down there for years as you have. We went down to Volks for a bacon butty about half 9 on the Sunday and a geezer sat outside there with obviously “last nights” clothes on, can in hand still on it, he was wearing a red shirt. Well we left and went back about half 12 and he was still there but you couldn’t tell where his shirt stopped and his skin started! You might have seen him he was the source of much amusement for the lads and lasses before the ride out.

You’re right @Sarge Brighton was the hottest I’ve known and I’ve been going down there for years as you have. We went down to Volks for a bacon butty about half 9 on the Sunday and a geezer sat outside there with obviously “last nights” clothes on, can in hand still on it, he was wearing a red shirt. Well we left and went back about half 12 and he was still there but you couldn’t tell where his shirt stopped and his skin started! You might have seen him he was the source of much amusement for the lads and lasses before the ride out.
I was around volks from around half 9 sunday...i saw that chap, aka mr lobster

Back
Top Bottom