General Sax' celebrations - additions to the playlist?

All of these sax tracks and nothing from the late, great Junior Walker (and the All Stars)!!!

Google him kids, and enrich your lives.

Edit: Manorlounger beat me to it by one minute!!! Good man, my faith in human taste is restored, although I prefer Walk In The Night or Take Me Girl I'm Ready.
was getting there @Colin B ... happy to oblige ....the late great Autrey de Walt Mixon aka Jnr Walker

Last edited:
We were probably at the same concert. What a venue that was, sadly, long gone.
Was a fantastic place, and we used to go there every two weeks, sometimes on a coach that ran from the Bowyers Arms in Radley. I saw all of the soul greats there, Four Tops, Temptations, Smokey Robinson, the Phillie groups, such as Three Degrees, Intruders, Harold Melvin (including the man with the best voice in the world, the late and very great Teddy Pendergrass) and then the later people such as Heatwave and Brass Construction, and feel privileged to have lived in such a great era. Junior Walker appeared annually for about five or six years on the trot. I saw him more than once and on one occasion Edwin Starr was on the same bill, what a place.

Thanks Sarge for the track, don't suppose you could paste up What Does it Take to Win Your Love? Another classic.

Edit: Bloody hell, I'm either too slow or telepathic, thanks again Mr Mindreader Sarge!!!

Was a fantastic place, and we used to go there every two weeks, sometimes on a coach that ran from the Bowyers Arms in Radley. I saw all of the soul greats there, Four Tops, Temptations, Smokey Robinson, the Phillie groups, such as Three Degrees, Intruders, Harold Melvin (including the man with the best voice in the world, the late and very great Teddy Pendergrass) and then the later people such as Heatwave and Brass Construction, and feel privileged to have lived in such a great era. Junior Walker appeared annually for about five or six years on the trot. I saw him more than once and on one occasion Edwin Starr was on the same bill, what a place.

Thanks Sarge for the track, don't suppose you could paste up What Does it Take to Win Your Love? Another classic.

Edit: Bloody hell, I'm either too slow or telepathic, thanks again Mr Mindreader Sarge!!!
I have already ^^^ ... heres take me girl' ....

backing track ( unissued).... Mike Terry, aka lil' funk, of the legendary Motown musician collective the Funk Brothers, on Sax

released ( on local Detriot label Ric Tic) vocal , with the late great Charles Hatcher Aka Edwin Starr on lead

backing track ( unissued).... Mike Terry, aka lil' funk, of the legendary Motown musician collective the Funk Brothers, on Sax

released ( on local Detriot label Ric Tic) vocal , with the late great Charles Hatcher Aka Edwin Starr on lead

while Edwin's vocals ( imo) are superb on his classic version ... if there was one sax driven tune I'd send to the mighty yellows , with a message for the playoffs, Doni Burdick's obscure version.... with that dirty bari' .... would be the one... even the mega rare original label is the right colour combination too!.... Oxford United, & KR , I Have Faith In You.....

Back
Top Bottom