Match Buildup Saturdays weather

Oldman159

I gather there might be snow coming. So I hope the grounds people are prepared.

There is a ‘yellow snow warning’ out for Oxfordshire...to add to the normal military one - “don’t eat it”.

?

Snow possible overnight tonight.... forecast for Oxford at the weekend is wet n windy

that said, the forecast for today in the Black Country / west midlands ( where I had to go to work earlier) was bright and sunny, with a 1 - 2 % chance of rain, it was bright, sunny albeit a bit cold early afternoon mid to late morning however, there were three downpours that lasted 30-40 mins each with a 15-20 minute respite in between

Snow possible overnight tonight.... forecast for Oxford at the weekend is wet n windy

that said, the forecast for today in the Black Country / west midlands ( where I had to go to work earlier) was bright and sunny, with a 1 - 2 % chance of rain, it was bright, sunny albeit a bit cold early afternoon mid to late morning however, there were three downpours that lasted 30-40 mins each with a 15-20 minute respite in between

Where did you see this? It's going to be 10 or 11 degrees overnight in Oxford

There's going to be a lot of rain today and some earlyish tomorrow morning but the game will be fine. I feel for people playing local football and kids football. Going to be a lot of that postponed again.

Where did you see this? It's going to be 10 or 11 degrees overnight in Oxford
Its sometimes worth checking when ( day/time)a post was actually posted @Wandering Yellow;).... the post you responded to was posted Wednesday 26th Feb late afternoon ... it did snow yesterday morning , Thursday 27th Feb, in Headington ( between 7.30 & 10am).....to answer you enquiry I 'saw' that (reasonably accurate forecast) on various local weather forecasts on wednesday late afternoon ..... on another thread, I referred to the now with us weather predicted via Storm Jorge, in the run in to tomorrows match..... its should be 'clear/ dry-ish for the game, but travel conditions on Saturday morning, and into the very early afternoon aint looking too good- rain already been falling in Headington today, its going to get heavier and winds are going to be around 50-60 mph between 'now' and 1-2pm tomorrow afternoon , with one or two short respites from the rain

There's going to be a lot of rain today and some earlyish tomorrow morning but the game will be fine. I feel for people playing local football and kids football. Going to be a lot of that postponed again.
Not going to be too welcoming conditions for U's fans from a bit of a way away travelling in to the game, especially from the south, south -west & west .... safe journey to all fellow yellows going to the game tomorrow

Its sometimes worth checking when ( day/time)a post was actually posted @Wandering Yellow;).... the post you responded to was posted Wednesday 26th Feb late afternoon ... it did snow yesterday morning , Thursday 27th Feb, in Headington ( between 7.30 & 10am).....to answer you enquiry I 'saw' that (reasonably accurate forecast) on various local weather forecasts on wednesday late afternoon ..... on another thread, I referred to the now with us weather predicted via Storm Jorge, in the run in to tomorrows match..... its should be 'clear/ dry-ish for the game, but travel conditions on Saturday morning, and into the very early afternoon aint looking too good- rain already been falling in Headington today, its going to get heavier and winds are going to be around 50-60 mph between 'now' and 1-2pm tomorrow afternoon , with one or two short respites from the rain

I'll be wearing me thermals!

Always a good idea when going to the freezing cold ( irrespective of time of year) wind tunnel that is the breeze block ;)

The groundstaff have done a great job on the pitch this season, always been in decent nick, they even got us through the Ipswich game.

I've been frozen many a time this season at the back of the East Stand.

Hopefully, the weather doesn't act as a "Leveller" for Southend...

The groundstaff have done a great job on the pitch this season, always been in decent nick, they even got us through the Ipswich game.

The pitch is looking a bit bare on the South Stand side but considering the weather that's been thrown at it, the staff have done a great job. I've noticed that in none of the games has it started to cut up. Fair play to the grounds staff.

its always brass monkey-esque in SSL (fence end) where I usually sit - with my ST holding Dad, Sister n Nephew, .... though I do occasionally go in the JS stand or North Stand... all of which are cold too

We're up against Sol campbell's best footballing brain in the world tommorrow, which the U's / KR need to be mindful of ;) .... and yep, i too hope the weather isnt a factor

its always brass monkey-esque in SSL (fence end) where I usually sit - with my ST holding Dad, Sister n Nephew, .... though I do occasionally go in the JS stand or North Stand... all of which are cold too

We're up against Sol campbell's best footballing brain in the world tommorrow, which the U's / KR need to be mindful of ;) .... and yep, i too hope the weather isnt a factor

The entire stadium is freezing. Gotta say though Sarge, fence end South Stand would be my last choice! I was formally a North Stander now stand in the East Stand.

Bring on that new stadium

It was bloody taters on Tuesday night a few frozen B*****s clattering when people were walking.

Back
Top Bottom