General Saturdays team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus clearly from a fitness perspective, it is very likely that those who didn't play last night will play Saturday.
Cadden, Gorrin, Henry, Fosu will play I would suspect

Whoever plays, they will need to be playing hard and fast. Now is not the time for us to let up.
I am sure Gillingham won’t come here and indulge in any kind of open expansive play. They won’t go toe to toe,They will sit and try to frustrate us. They will have seen how we have played in the last couple of games and will try to stop us from turning the screw on them by sitting deep.
But we have the quality to win this one. Those rested on Wednesday will most likely return.

Whoever plays, they will need to be playing hard and fast. Now is not the time for us to let up.
I am sure Gillingham won’t come here and indulge in any kind of open expansive play. They won’t go toe to toe,They will sit and try to frustrate us. They will have seen how we have played in the last couple of games and will try to stop us from turning the screw on them by sitting deep.
But we have the quality to win this one. Those rested on Wednesday will most likely return.
Doing the hard work and getting the tackles in has been the foundation to the last 2 wins. I expect them to keep the intensity up.

I would expect to see Cadden, Gorrin, Henry, Taylor, Fosu and Taylor to all start. How he drops anyone or fits them in I've no idea!!

Baptiste to play in place of Woodburn. He’s a better player.
Sykes to come off bench please, he looked quick and skilful on Weds.

Excellent point about Shandon, master. Also our shape is more liable to be fluid with Baptiste instead of Woodbine. On Sykes, I suppose we could give Henry an hour in front of Long then wind up the ratchet by bringing Sykes on for the former Wolve, earlier if torpidity is exhibited.

Agreed about Baptiste, and yes Sykes ought to be there as well (at least on the bench, if not actually starting).
I thought Long was excellent at right back, and I'd keep him there.

I'd go for:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Gorrin
Cadden Baptiste Brannagan Fosu
Taylor

Bench: Stevens, Mousinho, Sykes, Mackie, Henry, Forde, Agyei
and encourage all four midfielders to be as fluid as possible in supporting Taylor - we know what all of them are capable of in attack.

Its a good problem for KR to have. Any player that finished the game the other night can count themselves unlucky if they don't start. But, we have rested players to come back who were all really good last weekend. I suppose the bigger picture is the whole of the season and this squad has now shown it can withstand rotation.

I don't think anyone is undroppable - and that we played pretty well without him on Wednesday. It's not necessarily a comment on how he is playing, but the team is more important than any one player. I'd like to see Cadden start further forward, so that right hand midfield isn't free for him and think that Brannagan and Baptiste offer more in attacking midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom