Saturdays game

Surely Kassam should have/be getting the car parks gritted for the Cinema, Bowling customers... Why not just extend it to the Kassam!

Oh yes, he is a greedy.................... Every grain of salt not used is a saving to him!

Oh FFS let it snow and the match be off. A loss to Fleetwood now would be a suboptimal event.

I need this game on. I live 2 hours away from oxford and i need to collect my tickets for Wimbledon, the club say they cant post them out in case they get lost (they dont have identifiers on them apparently).
That’s insane. They never have trouble posting them to me

Its now only 48 hours or so before the game on Saturday is due to take place. Given the weather and the fact that it's likely to get worse before it gets better and given that the club seem to be incapable of making a decision about anything at the moment, when are the club going to make a decision on whether it goes ahead or not?

Its now only 48 hours or so before the game on Saturday is due to take place. Given the weather and the fact that it's likely to get worse before it gets better and given that the club seem to be incapable of making a decision about anything at the moment, when are the club going to make a decision on whether it goes ahead or not?
Monday

It won’t be the club making a decision on whether it goes ahead or not.

(And I certainly wouldn’t trust them to make any kind of decision within a 48-hour period, given what has gone on this week!)

Thing is its nothing to do with the pitch, it's roads, paths and concourses and not just around the ground!

It won’t be the club making a decision on whether it goes ahead or not.

(And I certainly wouldn’t trust them to make any kind of decision within a 48-hour period, given what has gone on this week!)
Ok. Who will be making the decision and when?

Ok. Who will be making the decision and when?
To answer my own question, presumably the match referee. Surely he needs to make an inspection today.

I’m no expert on this but I think it’s more typical to inspect the day before a game, rather than two days in advance for obvious reasons.

Sometimes I believe a local referee will do so on their behalf if it’s not practical for the match referee to do so in advance.

They may do an early inspection today but I’m not sure there’s much point until after this afternoon/overnight snow hits Oxfordshire. Therefore my guess would be tomorrow morning or early afternoon for a first inspection.

Perhaps our new betting market interest can move onto when an inspection will take place. More likely to get a definitive result than certain other odds we keep checking!

The ref only inspects the playing field, it's others who decide on public safety. Not sure who but I am guessing it's the old bill who make that call.

Has our landlord ousted JJ pikey O-Tooles family off the east stand car park yet?

I can never understand why health and safety can stop a football match from going ahead, but Tesco's are still open and it's safe to cross their car park to shop.

Surely it’s down to Mr Mixter to decide if the stadium is safe or not, that’s his job rather than confiscating balloons and flags

Back
Top Bottom