Saturday Fanatics display

Apologies but I'm still a little confused and need some things clearing up. There is supposed to be a new group called the Fanatics to improve the matchday atmosphere,. After 2 months of raising money, nothing was delivered on Saturday as promised. Not delivering a bespoke display due to a late delivery is out of their control, so why were there no flags out at all? Where are the wavers and banners people have raised money for in the past? That could have a been an easy "display for Cambridge" as a bare minimum, a bit of colour in the stand would have been an easy start to the season without a special display.

So no flags on show, I guess there would be a decent contribution to the atmosphere to make amends, but there was no group, anywhere. 2 of us from the original Ultras group stood in the area they are supposed to be, but it was just us two who started every single first half song, if we didn't start something it was absolute silence. We were stood there to assist the new group but there seems to be nothing going on and no commitment to improving the atmosphere. For the first home game of the season, nothing seems to have developed over the summer to improve things this season, have the group disbanded and given up or are they only doing it at specific matches throughout the season?

I used to collect money for the Ultras displays, and I saw that as serious pressure to put something on especially seeing some sizable donations come in. If a bespoke display couldn't happen for any reason (it happens, I understand), I would make sure we can deliver the next best thing at the very least. It's a dangerous game to start taking fan donations for granted, we have a very generous fanbase so hopefully this is a one-off error.

Don`t ask questions - "be kind". :ROFLMAO:

The club (Mr. Mixter) certainly threw the baby out with the bathwater when they made life "difficult" for those willing to do such.
Once goodwill is gone it's incredibly hard to get back.
Basic marketing/customer service again.

Don`t ask questions - "be kind". :ROFLMAO:

The club (Mr. Mixter) certainly threw the baby out with the bathwater when they made life "difficult" for those willing to do such.
Once goodwill is gone it's incredibly hard to get back.
Basic marketing/customer service again.
All for "be kind" but there's also the phrase "be cruel to be kind", in this case it's not being cruel but asking a few questions and lending some constructive criticism based on previous experience. We received some very generous donations in the past and it makes me wince a little if the new group received something similar and nothing happened, it would certainly make me think twice donating as much in the future. Worth taking onboard to ensure success in the future, it's early days I guess.

Still radio silence on what happened with this.

Nothing on the fanatics twitter, in fact, the post relating to a Cambridge display has been deleted.
So someone has taken the time to delete a tweet, but not to explain what is happening to the funds given, and if/when they're being rolled over.

It's worrying that fans money has been happily banked but no explanation of why nothing occurred for the Cambridge game. I think it all needed was an explanation that for whatever reason it couldn't happen but would in the future and people would understand, this however looks suspicious.

Surely there should be an explanation?
I am sure that almost all of the supporters are really behind the Fanatics.
There should be some explanation though?

I remember seeing one of the guys post on Twitter that the guy who is mainly responsible for the said displays had been in hospital. I would suggest that is probably the reason why it was not done for Cambridge

I remember seeing one of the guys post on Twitter that the guy who is mainly responsible for the said displays had been in hospital. I would suggest that is probably the reason why it was not done for Cambridge
The way to deal with this would be for someone in the group to simply let people know via a post on Twitter, Facebook or here that the main man was unwell and that the display would appear once he was up and well again rather than just saying nothing and nothing happening.

Someone being in hospital is unfortunate and wish them a speedy recovery, but would you not simply post that from the Fanatics Twitter account? Rather than nothing happening then deleting all the posts asking for donations and pretending there was nothing planned in the first place. I already know of people who donated to this and won't be donating in the future, massive own goal...

Are they that reliant on one person that they lose the ability to post on their social media accounts?
Can't see much longevity if that's the case.

Someone being in hospital is unfortunate and wish them a speedy recovery, but would you not simply post that from the Fanatics Twitter account? Rather than nothing happening then deleting all the posts asking for donations and pretending there was nothing planned in the first place. I already know of people who donated to this and won't be donating in the future, massive own goal...
I don’t know anymore than that, that was just what I read on Twitter. I’m sure they will use the money to put on an adequate display for a game in the near future. I don’t think any of them are dishonest people having spoken and been around them before.

gonna need to come up with something very special if owt is planned for the league cup game V palace

Do you know any more on this @OUSP Secretary

£420 sat on the gofundme page with games against Cambridge, Swansea, Lincoln, Morecambe and now Palace having passed.
Nothing said on any of the Fanatics social media. Are the group still "active"?
Appreciate that someone being in hospital obviously has implications and hope they're on the road to recovery, but is the group not multiple people?

Do you know any more on this @OUSP Secretary

Don't know much - There were some issues around getting flags for Cambridge match. The group is definitely still active and had two new flags out Saturday - the Brannagan "Magic" one in the East stand and the one in the North Stand saying "Here to stay". We've reached out to them again.

Don't know much - There were some issues around getting flags for Cambridge match. The group is definitely still active and had two new flags out Saturday - the Brannagan "Magic" one in the East stand and the one in the North Stand saying "Here to stay". We've reached out to them again.
I noticed the Brannagan flag, would be good to have had some sort of announcement about it so fans who donated knew it was their money.

Think they might learn a very harsh life lesson next time they "pass the virtual hat" round.

That's the problem of having undemocratic, unaccountable minority groups making decisions.*

*tongue firmly in cheek :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom