National News Sarah Everard

I've never protested about anything. Well not since last year's play off final.

Quite right.

Sarah Everard is kidnapped and murdered by a serving member of the Met Police Wayne Couzens - this was wrong.

Hundreds attended a vigil at Clapham
Common on Saturday throughout the day despite Reclaim The Streets (who put forward and encouraged an alternative way to mark your respects) saying not to as the event would not be Covid compliant - this was wrong.

The courts pushed back against making a decision essentially pitting the police and RTS in a one word against another. Social media does nothing to push the ‘stay at home’ message so the encouragement to attend Clapham Common continues to be pushed - this was wrong.

A minority of troublemakers under the guise of activists then attach themselves to the vigil - this was wrong.

The Met Police deal with the vigil in an unnecessarily heavy handed way - this was wrong.

As I said above, a clusterfuck. One event after another went wrong and could and should have been prevented if some degree of common sense been applied somewhere down the like not just from authorities but individuals too (vigil attendees and police officers operating at the scene too).
Excellent summary. Seems some prefer to concentrate on one aspect of the event though, rather than seeing the bigger picture and condemning the wrong committed by all 'sides'.

I confess as an outsider looking in I’m not quite clear on the objectives of any protest or what it’s against?

+ is it against the rapist?

+ is it against the police ?

+ is it asking for a specific policy change?

You know both attendees and the police can be wrong.

Based on the Covid rules and, dare I say it, common seems, the vigil shouldn't have happened. (I appreciated there is a claim that this is contrary to human rights legislation but I ain't going there).

But also based on the (alleged) death of a woman at the hand of a serving police officer, the fact that it was a vigil highlighting violence against women the police were also wrong to used force against women in the way they did.

I do struggle to see why people find it difficult to hold both these views.

How far down the chain of events do you want to go for "blame"?

Maybe blame Sarah for visiting a friend which could easily have been a breach of Covid regs and lack of "common sense"?

Plenty of other peaceful events took place, no issues, no arrests.

Until rent-a-mob hijack one....

Quite right.

Sarah Everard is kidnapped and murdered by a serving member of the Met Police Wayne Couzens - this was wrong.

Hundreds attended a vigil at Clapham
Common on Saturday throughout the day despite Reclaim The Streets (who put forward and encouraged an alternative way to mark your respects) saying not to as the event would not be Covid compliant - this was wrong.

The courts pushed back against making a decision essentially pitting the police and RTS in a one word against another. Social media does nothing to push the ‘stay at home’ message so the encouragement to attend Clapham Common continues to be pushed - this was wrong.

A minority of troublemakers under the guise of activists then attach themselves to the vigil - this was wrong.

The Met Police deal with the vigil in an unnecessarily heavy handed way - this was wrong.

As I said above, a clusterfuck. One event after another went wrong and could and should have been prevented if some degree of common sense been applied somewhere down the like not just from authorities but individuals too (vigil attendees and police officers operating at the scene too).
Summed it up pretty well there.

Excellent summary. Seems some prefer to concentrate on one aspect of the event though, rather than seeing the bigger picture and condemning the wrong committed by all 'sides'.
If that’s aimed at me @Pete Burrett i think @QR and I will have to agree to disagree. I certainly have the big picture firmly in mind, it’s simply the outrage at the single aspect of lawful arrests that I find surprising.

had this been a man no one would care tbh double standards really dont stats show twice as men many men get killed than women do so why everyone up in arms .

But of those murdered men, how many were walking home and minding their own business. Murders of men tend have a motive behind them e.g. rival drug gangs, spilling someone's pint, looking at them the wrong way, calling them a 'w*nker' etc.

I'm not saying it's any more acceptable, but the shocking thing about the Sarah Everard murder is that she was just walking home, minding her own business and did nothing to invite the attention of a lunatic.

Lot of bullsh1t going about...including stating that Kate Middleton was there when it is blatantly obvious the woman pictured ISNT her.....it was again mentioned on Good morning Britain this morning.....fking idiots......the bird who was arrested was on as well and stated she wasnt roughed up at all and was released after giving her details and getting a fine.....she was ok about it.....Non story IMO

This is,I believe, the lady who was front page on numerous papers internet pages etc.

Patsy Stevenson has successfully made that protest all about her, not women’s safety, by appearing on various media and social media outlets and securing her 15 minutes of fame.
The majority of the public polled have said the protest should not have happened.
She needs to disappear from public view now so that the serious issue of women’s safety can be addressed without her or her cronies as a sideshow.

Has anyone considered that some of this latent aggression against women is only furthering the argument that something has to change?

Maybe ask yourself if you would be happy seeing your mother, sister, daughter being thrown around in front of the worlds media for a covid breach?

I'm clearly not including @cassox who is just an absolute tool and excuse for a human being!!

Has anyone considered that some of this latent aggression against women is only furthering the argument that something has to change?

Maybe ask yourself if you would be happy seeing your mother, sister, daughter being thrown around in front of the worlds media for a covid breach?

I'm clearly not including @cassox who is just an absolute tool and excuse for a human being!!
No latent aggression against women here @Scotchegg.
If it was my female relatives there and who deserved to be arrested and restrained in that way, I’d not just be angry with them for putting themselves in the position where they were liable to arrest but disappointed as well. Their choice, they face the consequences.
But to me it doesn’t matter whether it was male, female or other that were arrested so don’t attempt to paint anyone who supports law and order as a sexist, misogynist because that really is weak.

Er, sorry? Who's blaming the victim?

You seem to want to blame someone.
Its the police in your case, well if she wasn`t dead then there would be no vigil deteriorating into a protest and arrests.
All interconnected events you see....... chain reaction.... break the chain.

Only a complete idiot would say they were thrown around,as i said ...the woman HERSELF said she wasnt roughed up and thrown around and completely accepted her fate.....but no!!!!! scotch egg knows better just because he's got a lot of keys and can bully inmates at will....what a sad sad sad excuse for a "man"

But of those murdered men, how many were walking home and minding their own business. Murders of men tend have a motive behind them e.g. rival drug gangs, spilling someone's pint, looking at them the wrong way, calling them a 'w*nker' etc.

I'm not saying it's any more acceptable, but the shocking thing about the Sarah Everard murder is that she was just walking home, minding her own business and did nothing to invite the attention of a lunatic.
its just all bad is the way i see it killing people innocently either way i dont have groups of killing severity lvls or somoenes sex should be prioritised in outrage .

what about sons and brothers dont they count in that too or you just outraged by female brutality only .

Back
Top Bottom