Sanchez.

saddletramp

Latest reports coming out,are that Sanchez will get £500,000 Per week at Manu.
4 and a half year contract worth £117 MILLION pounds.
So if Pogba aint on that money now,he soon will be.
I can see a queue going round O/T from Mourinho's office,with everyone wanting a bigger slice of the cake.

I remember uproar in the late 70s when Liverpools ANNUAL wage bill went over £1 million.
Now players get it in a fortnight.

P.S. The first ever shirt sponsorship in England,was Hitachi at Liverpool,it was worth £50k per season.

Man U definitely over pay for players. Ridiculous sum of money to pay for a players wages

If a player is available on a free they expect to get in wages what the club didn't have to spend on a transfer fee. I'd love a wage cap to be introduced as the money involved is ridiculous.

Latest reports coming out,are that Sanchez will get £500,000 Per week at Manu.
4 and a half year contract worth £117 MILLION pounds.
So if Pogba aint on that money now,he soon will be.
I can see a queue going round O/T from Mourinho's office,with everyone wanting a bigger slice of the cake.

I remember uproar in the late 70s when Liverpools ANNUAL wage bill went over £1 million.
Now players get it in a fortnight.

P.S. The first ever shirt sponsorship in England,was Hitachi at Liverpool,it was worth £50k per season.

No it wasn’t, it was Kettering Town in 1976. Sponsored by Kettering Tyres.

Tv money and the banks propping up most clubs cannot see how can be sustained much longer before it all goes pop.
The subscribers are faced with increased monthly's that are already very over inflated and according to reports subscriptions are down.

Silly money but football passed that point years ago, it’s just a bit of extra silliness on top. It’s not like Man U can’t afford it, and at least he is a quality player who isn’t proven in the premier league.

Where it leaves Arsenal is more interesting, they are falling away as the end of Wengers reign decends into a farce, interesting that they appear to have kept Wenger in an attempt to avoid what happened at Man U after Ferguson left yet they have had exactly the same situation, just shows that all clubs have high points and low points and the effect of any manager is a bit over stated.

Tv money and the banks propping up most clubs cannot see how can be sustained much longer before it all goes pop.
The subscribers are faced with increased monthly's that are already very over inflated and according to reports subscriptions are down.
The fact Sky and BT signed a deal to sell each others channels suggests they aren't that willing to keep overpaying for the top leagues coverage. The golden goose may have just gotten too fat.

I rarely watch Premier League football anymore. Too boring

Apparently Man United have sold more than a thousand shirts with Sanchez on the bcak.
Would love it if the turned up at Burnley today with their Sanchez shirts on,just as it was announced PSG have offered him £600k a week and more importantly,his agent an extra mill.

I knew Kettering town were a sleeping giant, just knew it.

It will all inevitably move to licensed streaming in the years to come which will add more choice in terms of which games are available and at what type of package you subscribe to.

As I have so little interest in the Premier League, I’m not remotely fussed but I should imagine the next bids for TV deals will be the last of its kind.

It will all inevitably move to licensed streaming in the years to come which will add more choice in terms of which games are available and at what type of package you subscribe to.

As I have so little interest in the Premier League, I’m not remotely fussed but I should imagine the next bids for TV deals will be the last of its kind.

Unfortunately that wont bring things back to a normal equal playing field as the bigger clubs will just get richer as apart from fans of the so called lesser clubs nobody will pay to watch stoke v west brom for example.

it's already very fortunate for the tv companies that the computer keeps paring the top sides against each other on the same day so they can have their over hyped super sunday etc.

Fans of lower clubs who could once dream of seeing their side against the bigger boys have had that taken away as the powers that be allow them to show total disrespect for our domestic cups by fielding their reserves.

The game is being taken away from the ordinary man in the street and players and their agents dictate to the clubs and the tv companies do as they wish with no regard for fans.

The tv companies are losing subscribers as people wont pay their over inflated prices and can find other ways to watch if they so desire and instead of the tv companies and league addressing their pricing structure they let the transfer markets get out of hand and just pass this on to the falling client list, talk about short term view.

Unfortunately that wont bring things back to a normal equal playing field as the bigger clubs will just get richer as apart from fans of the so called lesser clubs nobody will pay to watch stoke v west brom for example.

it's already very fortunate for the tv companies that the computer keeps paring the top sides against each other on the same day so they can have their over hyped super sunday etc.

Fans of lower clubs who could once dream of seeing their side against the bigger boys have had that taken away as the powers that be allow them to show total disrespect for our domestic cups by fielding their reserves.

The game is being taken away from the ordinary man in the street and players and their agents dictate to the clubs and the tv companies do as they wish with no regard for fans.

The tv companies are losing subscribers as people wont pay their over inflated prices and can find other ways to watch if they so desire and instead of the tv companies and league addressing their pricing structure they let the transfer markets get out of hand and just pass this on to the falling client list, talk about short term view.

Yes would agree with all this.

Two other thoughts from me.

Firstly, call it unambitious but I’m not concerned or annoyed about the prospect of us never reaching the top flight again. If the Championship became our ceiling, that would be fine with me. Plenty of clubs are there who are still and will always be much bigger than us and playing them regularly again would still be special (Elland Road, Hillsborough, City Ground etc). The top flight now is a caricature of the old First Division and I don’t think I’d enjoy us being part of that circus and all of the clowns associated with it.

And secondly, I can’t help but think of the music industry’s woes a decade ago when the bottom fell out of the market - ultimately the thing that people first loved still continues. Music may have been taken away, broadly, from the previous moneyed gatekeepers but it was always ridiculous to say that music itself would die. Similarly with football, if the bubble bursts and all of the TV billions, prawn sandwich brigades and the rest of the hoopla leaves town, so be it and good riddance. There will still be millions of us in this country who want to watch football live in stadiums every week. If the money falls out of the market, who cares really. The game itself will still continue and it’s my football club, and it’s culture, history, and future that I love - not the imagined world of football dreamt up by shareholders and Murdoch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom