Ex Player Samir Carruthers

Deserves its own thread though. He looks to be a good addition. Obviously blah blah blah not permanent but we'll announce something else soon, I'm sure.

Whilst it's frustrating at times to have long silences I guess we have to think what is preferable: silence or a flurry of crocked b-league players like last year

Welcome Samir, a really decent addition to the squad, let’s hope one of many [emoji106]

I think it’s unlikely we’ll sign anyone else called Samir to be fair. But you can hope I suppose.

Any drips installed in the new training base?

17d217a73865e52e4ea38087e1fa94c4.jpg

good signing. If he can replicate his form of a couple of seasons back we will have a top player.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Take it the loan has the usual clause that his club can recall him?

Dont get this loan. Surely lose/lose. If he is great, and suspect he may be, his value goes up or he gets recalled. If he is an also-ran we pay top dollar wages. Of course thats not having any idea what the deal is and whether we have an option at the end of the year to sign him (sensible) but he is surplus to requirements and considering KR advertised that he was his number one target and that money was available after talking with Tiger for the right players, it seems we couldnt afford him @ what? 250-500?

Dont get this loan. Surely lose/lose. If he is great, and suspect he may be, his value goes up or he gets recalled. If he is an also-ran we pay top dollar wages. Of course thats not having any idea what the deal is and whether we have an option at the end of the year to sign him (sensible) but he is surplus to requirements and considering KR advertised that he was his number one target and that money was available after talking with Tiger for the right players, it seems we couldnt afford him @ what? 250-500?
Talk about glass half empty.
If he helps get us I to the play off positions at Christmas how can that be a 'lose in any way?
Was Baldock's loan to us a 'lose'?

@FalmouthOx why would SC would take the huge drop in wages to sign for us permanently?

I’m keen to know.

Based on yesterday’s performance he is clearly a very good acquisition and against L1 teams will get more room and be even more influential going forward. My one concern without knowing his previous disciplinary record, is that his enthusiasm will occasionally border on recklessness and we may well lose him with suspensions. I don’t see anybody in the current squad who could fill in from the current squad so another attacking midfielder is a priority.

Based on yesterday’s performance he is clearly a very good acquisition and against L1 teams will get more room and be even more influential going forward. My one concern without knowing his previous disciplinary record, is that his enthusiasm will occasionally border on recklessness and we may well lose him with suspensions. I don’t see anybody in the current squad who could fill in from the current squad so another attacking midfielder is a priority.

True although our squad has been far too nice for a couple of seasons now. Good to see that KR sees the value in some classic shithousery.

True although our squad has been far too nice for a couple of seasons now. Good to see that KR sees the value in some classic shithousery.

McMahon seems perfectly capable of this as well.

Back
Top Bottom