Ex Player Sam Winnall

Reading through everyone's replies.

I think there is deffo a player there.

Fitness and confidence they are key.

When he finally gets match fit we will see if he still has it hopefully he will show KR on the training pitch.

If he gets some games under his belt and scores a couple the the confidence will come.

If he goes on a run of not scoring or has lost the knack of finding the net, being in the right place right time. Then we could be in trouble with him.

Abit more time needed and maybe an arm round the shoulder from KR may do the trick.

A figureative arm of course ;) stay safe..

I really hope the gamble pays off with him for one.
I'd love to see him do well, but why is he still so demonstrably unfit after being here for three months? He was absolutely awful against Cambridge.

I'd love to see him do well, but why is he still so demonstrably unfit after being here for three months? He was absolutely awful against Cambridge.
Agreed, He has been struggling for a long time with injury make take longer than usual.

Really want him to do well. Couple more games hopefully will see improvement.

Ive had it with Winnall,that rant at Agyei for a pass that any other player would have made into a chance but winall is so slow you have to practically place it on his foot,was bang out of order.
He also had another rant at him when Dan missed that sitter a few weeks ago.
Senior professionals should be encouraging other players not shouting in their faces. If he was any good I might forgive him but the fact is he is not fit to lace Dans boots atm.
I dont want to see him in our shirt again with that sort of attitude never mind the total lack of ability.

Ive had it with Winnall,that rant at Agyei for a pass that any other player would have made into a chance but winall is so slow you have to practically place it on his foot,was bang out of order.
Senior professionals should be encouraging other players not shouting in their faces. If he was any good I might forgive him but the fact is he is not fit to lace Dans boots atm.
I dont want to see him in our shirt again with that sort of attitude never mind the total lack of ability.
In every photo I’ve seen of him since he arrived, he’s looked angry and you’re right, his ‘running’ towards that pass reminded me of a recently departed player whose legs had also gone albeit at a much more advanced age.

In every photo I’ve seen of him since he arrived, he’s looked angry and you’re right, his ‘running’ towards that pass reminded me of a recently departed player whose legs had also gone albeit at a much more advanced age.
Watching with my Arsensl supporting brother he did say ' is that guy injured ' ....wasn't a great pass tbf but I doubt much would have come of it if it had been to feet . Apart from a few good flick ons , some hold up play all I see is a very frustrated footballer .

Completely forgot about this following the win and the drinks that came after.

My OH was watching with me and she said why are you so angry when the ball went dead and was using up time for us!!

She wasn’t aware that Winnall was being a lazy w****r and was uninterested in doing the leg work required with 15-20 to go.

If Ageyi would have come on up front, he’d have terrified the Lincoln back 4. His running and willingness would have meant we could have got higher up the pitch and also keeping a threat up front..

We can discuss the players that blow hot and cold, but Winnall has never really got past 'tepid' for me. He looks over weight and whether that is true or not, he has absolutely no speed and seemingly cannot use his experience make up for it, at least in the system we use. He doesn't exactly look to be busting a gut trying either.

I thought he would (once fit) be a good signing, but it looks as if I was wrong.

Winnall has always played in a 2 If memory serves me correct. At Northampton he won nearly every flick on & the one time Brannagan ran in behind he nearly scored. Very good player at this level but KR loves a 433 which doesn’t suit him whatsover.

Winnall has always played in a 2 If memory serves me correct. At Northampton he won nearly every flick on & the one time Brannagan ran in behind he nearly scored. Very good player at this level but KR loves a 433 which doesn’t suit him whatsover.
Winnall was absolutely class at Barnsley, such a shame that injuries seem to have done for him.

After his past layoffs it has taken him ages to get up to speed, much longer than normal I would say.
With a full pre-season and a lot of fitness work he may still be an asset, but at the moment he is carrying too much timber and doesn't look fit enough. He looked knackered 10 seconds after coming on on Friday.
(I will say that the pass was cack though).

He yelled "Dan, early" (or earlier, can't quite recall), so to say he wasn't on his toes is a bit harsh. He probably had to check his run as it wasn't released when he expected it.

He yelled "Dan, early" (or earlier, can't quite recall), so to say he wasn't on his toes is a bit harsh. He probably had to check his run as it wasn't released when he expected it.
It was played right into his path but because he was so slow he couldn’t get there. Almost any other player in our squad gets it comfortably

Back
Top Bottom