Ex Player Sam Winnall

tell me how how much money we will make from not winning it this year

nowt ...not until semi finals , even then , not a lot in comparison to what PL clubs get for being in the PL ... or should an earlier round match be selected for live television broadcast, there might be a few £ in the OUFC coffers ?.... and there wont be much in real terms from OUFC 's share from Ifollow ( in the next 3 Carabao cup rounds) :sneaky:

how about an opportunity to get a good performance and maybe even a win against a team in a higher league. The opportunity for some fringe players to impress and fight for a place in the team. The opportunity to forget about last Saturday and get a bit of positivity and momentum going into this weekend. How much is that worth?

how about an opportunity to get a good performance and maybe even a win against a team in a higher league. The opportunity for some fringe players to impress and fight for a place in the team. The opportunity to forget about last Saturday and get a bit of positivity and momentum going into this weekend. How much is that worth?
Spot on. If we deserve to lose a game then I just think move on. But when we throw games away we should have won comfortably it is annoying. Your last sentence sums it up perfectly!!

So when do we see him? Boy do we need someone to inject some energy and va va voom into our attacking play......

How long is he going to be out for?

£10k a week to sit on the treatment bench!

Winnall on £4K a week. Can’t help thinking it’s a waste of money with his injury record!

We have had a few of these 'if only he could get fit he'd be a great player' types in recent years. The majority of them have never really got consistently fit. With the new player number restrictions, I suspect such players will find it ever harder to find a club, as no club will want to potentially 'waste' a slot.

He was on £14k a week at Sheff Wed, you think he's taken a £10k a week pay cut?
I don't think it, I know that he has taken more than a £10k paycut.

Remember his most recent pay deal was £0 as he was released by Sheff Wed in June after playing c.30 games for them over 3.5 seasons. He may have been on £14k a week at Hillsborough, I don't know but that wouldn't surprise me as he joined them having banged in hatfuls of goals for Barnsley. Three years is a very long time in football and his stock was a lot lower when joining us.

Id be shocked if he’s on close to 8k a week, we don’t pay anyone that kind of money and doing it for someone with his injury record when we already have Taylor and no income for however long seems a very strange time to start paying those wages

Back
Top Bottom