Ex Player Sam Winnall

So far Winnall is just Mackie but without the ability to even play as many games, and with a less effective form of shithousing. He’s looking like a downgrade which is really quite impressive. The bar was low. God it was low.

Injury issues aside he needs to lose a good stone or two. Since he turned up he’s never looked in shape physically, and that’s the least you expect from a professional footballer. He reminds me of Kelly from last season, who was also out of shape and overweight and as a result suffered several injuries. If you’re not right with your basic fitness then the injuries will follow.

If we’re going to see him accommodated at the expense of Agyei being farmed out onto the wing all over again, it would be good if he showed a bit more. And if he isn’t able to then perhaps he should take a bit more of a back seat until he’s ready.

Last edited:
So far Winnall is just Mackie but without the ability to even play as many games, and with a less effective form of shithousing. He’s looking like a downgrade which is really quite impressive. The bar was low. God it was low.

Injury issues aside he needs to lose a good stone or two. Since he turned up he’s never looked in shape physically, and that’s the least you expect from a professional footballer. He reminds me of Kelly from last season, who was also out of shape and overweight and as a result suffered several injuries. If you’re not right with your basic fitness then the injuries will follow.

If we’re going to see him accommodated at the expensive of Agyei being farmed out onto the wing all over again, it would be good if he showed a bit more. And if he isn’t able to then perhaps he should take a bit more of a back seat until he’s ready.
Walking football might suit his scintillating pace ?

Ive had it with Winnall,that rant at Agyei for a pass that any other player would have made into a chance but winall is so slow you have to practically place it on his foot,was bang out of order.
He also had another rant at him when Dan missed that sitter a few weeks ago.
Senior professionals should be encouraging other players not shouting in their faces. If he was any good I might forgive him but the fact is he is not fit to lace Dans boots atm.
I dont want to see him in our shirt again with that sort of attitude never mind the total lack of ability.
He's not the only one who has done this.
Elliott Lee has twice berated Dan in previous games. Its not good for team spirit, no need for it at all. Just clap and a few words of serious encouragement, thats what Matt Taylor seems to do.

Elliott Lee has twice berated Dan in previous games. Its not good for team spirit, no need for it at all. Just clap and a few words of serious encouragement, thats what Matt Taylor seems to do.

Agree with that. The 7 game winning run every player was encouraging each other and we were playing as a team when we were pressing. The Northampton and a bit of the Lincoln game wasn't the case.

Robbo should be the one having a pop at the players not players taking it upon their selves to do it on the pitch when they know full well they are being filmed.

Kelly, Winnal and Lee have all been seen moaning at other team mates, maybe they should concentrate on their own game as unless they improve neither of them will be here next season!

Maybe that's the feedback Dan needs? Who knows...
It's also worth mentioning that Winnall also praised Agyei after one of his better runs late on.

I think we are getting a little carried away as all professionals and especially those who want to win show desire and expect it from others , to be too passive isn't a good sign as the team needs to be able to lift each other and express their feelings .(think Keane, Keown, Adams, McMahon, Shotton etc)
On Winnall , think we need to try and offload in the summer .

No, my recallection was Dan delayed the pass, Winnall had to check to stay onside, then the ball came. It wasn't a great ball to him.
I’ve watched it again, yes Winnall checks back to stay onside but he’s then too much on his heels, too slow to react to the pass and too slow to make it. It’s not that bad a pass, he could have got it

If Winnall wasn't wearing steel toe cap boots he would of got on that pass. We can do better next year then him surely.

Back
Top Bottom