Sam Smith

It should be beneath me (or the 1,093 other pedants) to point out that Samuel Smith is a trademark and possibly a company name referencing an actual like person rather than being an alcoholic beverage as such.
some of Sam Smiths tipples are rather good IMO .... if Sam Smith the player is as good on the field as some of the Sam Smiths beers are on the palate ...he'll be ok:)

samuel-smith-12-zadek.jpg

Last edited:
It should be beneath me (or the 1,093 other pedants) to point out that Samuel Smith is a trademark and possibly a company name referencing an actual like person rather than being an alcoholic beverage as such.
some of Sam Smiths tipples are rather good IMO .... if sam smith the player is as good on the field as some of the Sam Smiths beers are on the palate ...he'll be ok:)

Sam Smiths pubs, on the other hand, are to be avoided at all costs. Something horribly faux-Victorian about them.

Sam Smiths pubs, on the other hand, are to be avoided at all costs. Something horribly faux-Victorian about them.
Blue Posts on Newman St, off Oxford street isnt a bad watering hole ...usually pop in there when 'visiting' 100 club , and other Soho area venues
to be honest Ive been popping in there, when Im in that part of West London for well over 35 years now, tis a good location to hook up with people youre meeting /hooking up with for gigs, allnighters etc

Im not aware of any other Sam Smiths pubs though,....so will take your word n advice on Sam Smiths pubs in general @makv

Blue Posts on Newman St, off Oxford street isnt a bad watering hole ...usually pop in there when 'visiting' 100 club , and other Soho area venues
to be honest Ive been popping in there, when Im in that part of West London for well over 35 years now, tis a good location to hook up with people youre meeting /hooking up with for gigs, allnighters etc

Im not aware of any other Sam Smiths pubs though,....so will take your word n advice on Sam Smiths pubs in general @makv

@Sarge That’s EXACTLY the one I was thinking of. Used to work right around the corner on Berners St. (in what is now the very posh Sanderson hotel) in the 80s.

Strictly speaking, it’s not Soho of course, as it’s north of Oxford St. My favourite Soho pub is The Ship (Fullers) on Wardour St. I’m still very fond of Soho, I have to say.

@Sarge That’s EXACTLY the one I was thinking of. Used to work right around the corner when I worked on Berners St. (in what is now the very posh Sanderson hotel) in the 80s.

Strictly speaking, it’s not Soho of course, as it’s north of Oxford St. My favourite Soho pub is the The Ship (Fullers) on Wardour St. I’m still very fond of Soho, I have to say.
Shame its been all change round most of that area ( Soho ( and North Soho ;) )/Tottenham court road end of Oxford street) in recent times... most disorientating them damn changes to it all are

few decent venues and good ol fashioned record shops that had been there for years (among much else too) all gone as part of the re-re-gentrification:cry:

Yep ...Blue Posts, Newman st does have a proper old fashioned pub aura :cool:

Didn't Darryl hand out his free pints to the gullible, ostrich-like sheeple loyal fans on the day of the hot dog (or was that a separate day? Carlisle?) in a Samuel Smith's establishment?

Was in and around Soho a couple of weeks back for the first time in years. Changed almost entirely, and not in a good way!

Great signing- very happy that we managed to get the deal over the line.

Is anyone else getting a load of static noise instead of actual audio on Ifollow vids at the mo??

My watering hole used to be the Intrepid Fox, then the Ship then The Marquee. Then after the gig back to the upstairs room at the Fox for a lockin, food etc. Very often slept on the couch there.

Great signing- very happy that we managed to get the deal over the line.

Is anyone else getting a load of static noise instead of actual audio on Ifollow vids at the mo??

Apparently so. Only a few folk though.

My watering hole used to be the Intrepid Fox, then the Ship then The Marquee. Then after the gig back to the upstairs room at the Fox for a lockin, food etc. Very often slept on the couch there.

Ah, the Fox!

The Ship! I remember one Marquee gig when the Dammed were in there with us beforehand, and then we all trooped over to the club together when they were due on! Scabies stopped to thump a bootleg t-shirt seller on the way. Great days.

Three goats

The Ship! I remember one Marquee gig when the Dammed were in there with us beforehand, and then we all trooped over to the club together when they were due on! Scabies stopped to thump a bootleg t-shirt seller on the way. Great days.
Excellent. Loved the Damned. Still have a copy of Love Song on red vinyl.

Three goats

Also terrible!

Went in the Ship one night before going to the Marquee and the barman asked if we were the band.
The Admiral Duncan was a proper old fashioned pub back in the early to mid 80s. All booths and etched glass. Must've been a fire Risk though as the ceiling was covered in books of matches from all over the world.
My fave pub in London at the moment is the Harp near Covent Garden. A fine selection of ales and ciders on offer.

Really really hope our new striker has a nosey at this thread to see what the new fans are saying. He’ll be the next John Durnin if he does!

Went in the Ship one night before going to the Marquee and the barman asked if we were the band.
The Admiral Duncan was a proper old fashioned pub back in the early to mid 80s. All booths and etched glass. Must've been a fire Risk though as the ceiling was covered in books of matches from all over the world.
My fave pub in London at the moment is the Harp near Covent Garden. A fine selection of ales and ciders on offer.
Agree. It is the only London pub to be ever chosen as best CAMRA pub nationally. And it's won this accolade twice!

The Three Goats Heads off Cornmarket is s Sam Smiths pub. It’s not great in my opinion but nor are most Smiths, Nicholsons etc. They do do a strong pilsner that’s ok though.

Back
Top Bottom