Current Player Sam Long

Sam Long 2 goals
Chris Cadden nil

Plus Long crossed for Browne on Saturday and also had a cross turned in for an own goal in the FA Cup I think?

So in 11 games Long was directly/indirectly responsible for the same number of goals as Cadden in 20 games.

Football fans......!!

But if we’d bought Cadden and he was playing instead of Long you’d be arguing that it was the right decision, wouldn’t you?

But if we’d bought Cadden and he was playing instead of Long you’d be arguing that it was the right decision, wouldn’t you?
They're different players and offer different things.

I've said on a number of occasions before that the Long/Sykes combination is good because Sykes does much of the fancy work in the final third and Long gives the cover. Previously it would have been Cadden as more of an attacking threat but with Henry to sit in when needed.

Both systems are effective and both Cadden and Long are very good players. Cadden probably had the edge because of how we played, but we are fortunate to have such a good replacement in Long.

Sam Long 2 goals
Chris Cadden nil

Plus Long crossed for Browne on Saturday and also had a cross turned in for an own goal in the FA Cup I think?

So in 11 games Long was directly/indirectly responsible for the same number of goals as Cadden in 20 games.

Football fans......!!

His point was about Cadden's delivery, which is blatantly a hell of a lot better than Long's. I'm sure even Sam Long would tell you that.

His point was about Cadden's delivery, which is blatantly a hell of a lot better than Long's. I'm sure even Sam Long would tell you that.
Of course. But we can pull out all sorts of stats and analysis to back various positions but ultimately they are very different players. Long is a defender who looks to get forward, Cadden basically a winger who helped out at the back. Both can work, but need the right systems and players around them.

Of course. But we can pull out all sorts of stats and analysis to back various positions but ultimately they are very different players. Long is a defender who looks to get forward, Cadden basically a winger who helped out at the back. Both can work, but need the right systems and players around them.

No, you don't find stats to prove your point. You analyse stats to form an opinion. On whether Cadden's delivery is poor compared to Long, the evidence fundamentaly says that's incorrect.

Well that seems rather stupid.

From memory, two players got a touch after Long’s cross before Sykes deflected the ball in, so an assist for our right-back would be somewhat generous, no?

Yawn! If you read my post you would see that I think both Cadden and Long are very good, but different, players.
I was having a good-natured pop at your endless enthusiasm and support for the team - whatever the circumstances. Not a criticism; every forum needs its Scotchers; I enjoy reading your posts ?

I just wish his detractors would get off his case.
He s been with the club since he was more or less in nappies.
He s not perfect and probably never will be. But everytime I've seen him play he gives 100%.
So in the current climate I'd love it if those with a negative viewpoint got off his case and worried about the more important things like.
When SB was here why sing he's one of our own when he isn't.
Sorry I meant wasnt

I just wish his detractors would get off his case.
He s been with the club since he was more or less in nappies.
He s not perfect and probably never will be. But everytime I've seen him play he gives 100%.
So in the current climate I'd love it if those with a negative viewpoint got off his case and worried about the more important things like.
When SB was here why sing he's one of our own when he isn't.
To be fair he doesnt seem to have many detractors.
Some have said Cadden is a better player, but most have said how well Sam has done and how he has and is improving.

Some have said Cadden is a better player, but most have said how well Sam has done and how he has and is improving.

Depends how many is many? On here probably a good dozen or so which I guess isn’t many in the grand scheme of things.

Depends how many is many? On here probably a good dozen or so which I guess isn’t many in the grand scheme of things.
I reckon by far the majority here have been pretty positive about Sam.

I am looking to see how Forde is going to slot back into the fold. I don't see him as one of the front three and with the midfield being loaded. i can see him being a utility player off the bench that can offer playing wide, in the middle or right back if they have been coaching him up. In the crawley game he was quite good at getting up the pitch and knocking balls into dangerous areas. I would probably go as far to say he's got one of the best crosses at the club. Like cadden he can whip it in early or across the floor. It will be interesting to see how he will be positioned / utilised.

I am looking to see how Forde is going to slot back into the fold. I don't see him as one of the front three and with the midfield being loaded. i can see him being a utility player off the bench that can offer playing wide, in the middle or right back if they have been coaching him up. In the crawley game he was quite good at getting up the pitch and knocking balls into dangerous areas. I would probably go as far to say he's got one of the best crosses at the club. Like cadden he can whip it in early or across the floor. It will be interesting to see how he will be positioned / utilised.
Yes he is a very good crosser of the ball.
He is an option

Back
Top Bottom