Sam Long?

Sarge

God like member
Whats the current situation with Sam Long?

When fit he gives cover and options for FB, CB and defensive midfield areas

From the Bradford preview:

Agon Mehmeti is back in contention after a hamstring problem while Charlie Raglan and Sam Long are both likely to be available from the new year, leaving just Rob Hall, Curtis Nelson and Ivo Pekalski on the sidelines.

From the Bradford preview:

Agon Mehmeti is back in contention after a hamstring problem while Charlie Raglan and Sam Long are both likely to be available from the new year, leaving just Rob Hall, Curtis Nelson and Ivo Pekalski on the sidelines.
Cheers Berliner :)

Raglan is the closest thing we have to a left sided CB, would love for him to come back in. Long will provide good cover at FB and CB when needed.

Sorry not good enough and with injury history - time to say goodbye
Not sure about the not good enough part. He’s done a decent job at rb when ever asked to play, as was very good at lb vs Luton. He like to get forward has a good cross, and like Edwards is a threat in the box despite his height. He’s much more comfortable at rb than Carroll. The only question for me would be his injuries. But if it’s not a reacuring thing then I think he could make the step up in the same way ruffels has with game time

Always done a decent job when called on but injury and booking prone. Surely best to go on loan, get match fit and see what he can do? Still young enough to be one for the future.

Too slow.
Conference standard at best I'm afraid
Conference standard concerns me but is nothing to be afraid of :D

I like to see 'our own' come through the ranks and establish themselves in the first team squad
Ruffles was perceived as not up to standard by some posters on the old YF, after being given a run in the squad by MApp
he's an established first team squad member now

Injuries havent been helpful to Sam Long, when he has featured in the first team I think he's done a decent job. Now he's fit, he could prove himself to be an asset to the first team squad.....IF he doesnt pick up any more err, long term injuries, and of course if he's given the minutes and chances to show it ...and he is one of our own :cool:

• React
Reactions: Ian
He turns 23 this month and has about 25 games for us, plus a loan spell at Kidderminster where I don’t know much he played, with only 3 games at league one level. Injuries have left him very inexperienced for his age, I don’t think anyone can know if he can cut it at this level, and comparing him to Phil Edwards is reaching a bit on very little evidence.

For me, if he can get fit enough and is only going to be cover here, perhaps a loan deal to a conference club would be fairest to get him some valuable playing time, with an offer on the table of another year if he does well and stays fit.

He turns 23 this month and has about 25 games for us, plus a loan spell at Kidderminster where I don’t know much he played, with only 3 games at league one level. Injuries have left him very inexperienced for his age, I don’t think anyone can know if he can cut it at this level, and comparing him to Phil Edwards is reaching a bit on very little evidence.

For me, if he can get fit enough and is only going to be cover here, perhaps a loan deal to a conference club would be fairest to get him some valuable playing time, with an offer on the table of another year if he does well and stays fit.
I compared his height and pace to phil Edwards, I’d say that’s pretty each to compare no matter how many time u see him. His ability to get on the end of crosses, maybe but I’ve been impressed with what he’s added when he’s played

Joins Manny Agboola and Shandon Baptiste on loan at Hampton and Richmond Borough for a month. Surprised by this as would have thought should have gone to conference level.

Joins Manny Agboola and Shandon Baptiste on loan at Hampton and Richmond Borough for a month. Surprised by this as would have thought should have gone to conference level.
Im surprised too .... especially given that Sam can provide useful and need cover on 2 or 3 key positions ...maybe the 1 month loan is to get him close to match fitness?

Presumably so but still would have thought he was capable/needed to be at a higher level.

Depends if u want him to go and be cover for 4/5 games or go and start 4/5 games I suppose.

Im surprised too .... especially given that Sam can provide useful and need cover on 2 or 3 key positions ...maybe the 1 month loan is to get him close to match fitness?

Definitely about match fitness I would have thought. Likely to play every game which wouldn't be guaranteed higher up considering he hasn't played much at all.

Back
Top Bottom