EFL salary cap incoming?

£2.5 million for the squad i assume - rather than trying to give a figure for individuals. Not sure if that would include bonuses etc. I'm sure Fleetwood will manage to get around it!
Edit - i see it says 'including all player costs'.

£2.5 million for the squad i assume - rather than trying to give a figure for individuals. Not sure if that would include bonuses etc. I'm sure Fleetwood will manage to get around it!
Edit - i see it says 'including all player costs'.

I seriously can't see the likes of Sunderland, Pompey, Peterborough, Ipswich or ourselves voting to agree to that. A hard % of very defined turnover, rather than the wishy-washy attempts now, might succeed but £2.5m (or the even lower equivalent in L2 or higher in the Championship) I just can't see for L1 as that isn't even middle of the table in L1 player spend currently iirc (which I could be very wrong about).

I seriously can't see the likes of Sunderland, Pompey, Peterborough, Ipswich or ourselves voting to agree to that. A hard % of very defined turnover, rather than the wishy-washy attempts now, might succeed but £2.5m (or the even lower equivalent in L2 or higher in the Championship) I just can't see for L1 as that isn't even middle of the table in L1 player spend currently iirc (which I could be very wrong about).
It depends it’s calculated, on the face of it you could have 25 players on 100K each but there are obvs other costs they factor in

What happens if your contracted players cost, exceeds the salary cap before you start and you can't off load them, do you just have to take the fines or are you forced to continue with a threadbare unbalanced squad? Or is there a bedding in grace period of a season or two?

(hypothetical questions I know, just curious in a what if kind of way!)

What happens if your contracted players cost, exceeds the salary cap before you start and you can't off load them, do you just have to take the fines or are you forced to continue with a threadbare unbalanced squad? Or is there a bedding in grace period of a season or two?

(hypothetical questions I know, just curious in a what if kind of way!)

I'd assume there would have to be a transition period. What about relegated sides who would have quite an advantage as they wouldn't be able to get down to that figure?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom