Salary cap confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do the championship clubs vote - is it not today?
No date has so far been set.
It was reported at the end of June that the Championship clubs had been asked by the EFL to provide indicative votes on an £18m cap.
A formal vote would require the EFL to call an EGM of all Championship clubs, as happened with L1 and L2.
The EFL will only call a vote when it has a reasonable chance of winning, so the fact it hasn't happened yet may suggest the clubs can't agree.

Confirmation from The Athletic about which clubs voted for and against the salary cap.
bf8cd05eed5903d9ea56c01c3189af99.jpg

Leaving all the smaller, inconsequential clubs to rub their hands with glee at the thought they might close the gap in their much bigger opponents.

I’m looking at you, Swindon Town.

So that's slightly different from what was reported at the time.

Then, it was suggested that Plymouth flipped their vote, and therefore the salary cap passed. According to that article, it looks like it was actually Doncaster that flipped and voted it in.

No surprise that the Scum voted it in - I imagine Lee Power would view anything that means he doesn't have to spend more as a good thing.

So that's slightly different from what was reported at the time.

Then, it was suggested that Plymouth flipped their vote, and therefore the salary cap passed. According to that article, it looks like it was actually Doncaster that flipped and voted it in.

No surprise that the Scum voted it in - I imagine Lee Power would view anything that means he doesn't have to spend more as a good thing.

EFL management are seriously slacking and lacking in investigating Power's very dodgy shares n financial shenanigans IMO, whats the hold up?

Has there been any indication from anywhere in the last couple of weeks that the championship are even going to discuss a cap, let alone vote on having one?

So it seems the wage cap for the Championship has been abandoned for now as they can’t agree on a figure!

Surely that makes the wage cap null and void in leagues 1 and 2 because how can you have 2 3rds of EFL clubs following 1 set of rules and another 24 clubs following different rules?

So it seems the wage cap for the Championship has been abandoned for now as they can’t agree on a figure!

Surely that makes the wage cap null and void in leagues 1 and 2 because how can you have 2 3rds of EFL clubs following 1 set of rules and another 24 clubs following different rules?
Technically that was already the case anyway within the FFP framework they were previously using - Leagues 1 & 2 were limited to spending a percentage of their turnover, whereas Championship teams just had to not exceed losses of X amount over a rolling 3 year period.

Looks to me as if the Championship clubs are now intent on widening the financial gulf between them and the rest of the EFL even further (in terms of what they can spend on the team's wages).

It’s going to end one way. Premier #2 that’s what they are after. Hopefully we get promoted quickly, and then we can become apart of it.

If only somebody - anybody - had seen this coming.

Perhaps they’re cooking the dinner, like you should be doing. I’ll be round in 30 minutes sharp!
Waitrose Thai ready meal tonight. Too lazy to cook.
I should say that following the delivery of our new, bigger dining table to the new house, we will be entertaining. Sadly, the new wine rack has not been ordered as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom