Safe standing

And the racist bit?

If I may?

I read that as one of several completely bogus attempts to link something 'good' with the all-seating policy. In the almost 30 years (that's a generation) since all-seating the attitude of just about all of the population has changed towards BAME people. The increase is not due solely to all-seater grounds and I wouldn't be that surprised if it actually works against BAME attendance - imagine having to sit for 90 minutes next to dannyc.

The other really big lie in that statement is that the increase in attendances is down to all-seaters. It is partly but other things have made as much difference, video, less stupid policing, more effective segregation and quite possibly better marketing of the game.

Apparently, all-seater stadia have ensured that we enjoy "modern, comfortable, and inviting facilities for spectators; ". f**k off to Roots Hall or a dozen other shiteholes including ours.

On the whole, though, I agree with Clive of India. The whole statement is a wordy "f**k you!" to proper football fans, over-embellished by a bunch of knob-ends who think going to Leicester is slumming it.

I have been to a stadium with safe standing in Germany.Didnt like it,middle of a row,wanted a P**s,during the game,almost impossible to get out.Imagine the North stand,A row full of fat b'stards (like me) but also a rail making it impossible to lean back/forward,then trying to squeeze past.If that is "safe" standing,then my names Nick Van Saddletramp.

I have been to a stadium with safe standing in Germany.Didnt like it,middle of a row,wanted a P**s,during the game,almost impossible to get out.Imagine the North stand,A row full of fat b'stards (like me) but also a rail making it impossible to lean back/forward,then trying to squeeze past.If that is "safe" standing,then my names Nick Van Saddletramp.
how does it work, do you have an allocated space/seat? or is it for instance row H, block 12 so you have a choice of where you stand, or even just a block?

With respect, if your bladder can't last 45mins without requiring emptying, you should probably stick to the seated areas. Preferably close to a concourse entrance.

OK forget i'm old and drink like a fish.
You are in the middle of the row, an emergency occurs,the stadium is being evacuated,the bloke next to you falls over,how do you get out ?

As it stands (pun intended) you step over to the row in front or behind you.
With a barrier in front AND behind you that is virtually impossible.

Bring back terracing by all means,but "safe" standing ?
Not for me.

In today's world, you walk over him and give him abuse for stopping you getting out safely.

No complaints about safe standing at Celtic Park. Green Army love it. But, pls note safe standing is targeted at "da" youth not SUU codgers!

One thing that is never mentioned in this debate is that some of us 'slightly less young fans' may occasionaly suffer from a condition known as sciatica. Pressure on the sciatic nerve causes pain in the backside, down the back of the leg and into the foot when sitting. This discomfort is not felt when standing. Sufferers should at least get a doctor's note to permit them to stand at the back in all seater stadia.

One thing that is never mentioned in this debate is that some of us 'slightly less young fans' may occasionaly suffer from a condition known as sciatica. Pressure on the sciatic nerve causes pain in the backside, down the back of the leg and into the foot when sitting. This discomfort is not felt when standing. Sufferers should at least get a doctor's note to permit them to stand at the back in all seater stadia.
interesting perspective @sideshowrob ...and tis one I like :)

will if the person in front is standing........cant see why those rails are needed anyway
They rails are what makes it 'safe' apparently. It will still feel more like 'standing in a seated area' than the old school terrace experience

It does seem that safe standing is coming through the back door.
Maybe it is easier for the government if it happens this way.

This has to happen. The current situation, with thousands of fans standing in seated areas for the whole match, is a farce. How can that be safer than rail seating?

So at all seaters like Spurs and now Wolves, do they enforce sitting down in the rail seats? Is standing just allowed for non-football events? Is is strongly stewarded?

Back
Top Bottom