Safe standing

So at all seaters like Spurs and now Wolves, do they enforce sitting down in the rail seats? Is standing just allowed for non-football events? Is is strongly stewarded?

Spurs are already looking at banning persistent standers.

So at all seaters like Spurs and now Wolves, do they enforce sitting down in the rail seats? Is standing just allowed for non-football events? Is is strongly stewarded?
Surely the idea of the rail seats is that people will stand...safely. But technically it is still an all seater stadium so complies with the law?

Idve thought maintaining social distancing of 6foot would be a lot easier to do via safe standing, than in an all seater .... as not only would there need to be a two seat space either side of anyone in a seat, theres also the need for at least one empty seat behind and in front of anyone occupying a seat inside a stadium - unless a vaccine is developed, and rolled out, for all, sharpish

Idve thought maintaining social distancing of 6foot would be a lot easier to do via safe standing, than in an all seater .... as not only would there need to be a two seat space either side of anyone in a seat, theres also the need for at least one empty seat behind and in front of anyone occupying a seat inside a stadium - unless a vaccine is developed, and rolled out, for all, sharpish
I feel it is unlikely we will be attending any football matches until after a vaccine is available.

I feel it is unlikely we will be attending any football matches until after a vaccine is available.
Oxford University are testing a vaccine atm.... early days , but hopefully theyll deliver a vaccine that works

As regards the vaccine ,if it's a "live" one it will mean that for some high risk people they will not be able to have it which puts a different perspective on it

I feel like the premier league trials mean this is an irreversible acceleration towards standing now and it’ll be hard for any pressure groups to turn the ship around . Very good news

I feel like the premier league trials mean this is an irreversible acceleration towards standing now and it’ll be hard for any pressure groups to turn the ship around . Very good news

apparently it will be reserved seat rail standing. Which is better than we have which is standing in the same seats anyway.

But the remaining terraces - will they go to rail seating ? So Burton for instance. ?

apparently it will be reserved seat rail standing. Which is better than we have which is standing in the same seats anyway.

But the remaining terraces - will they go to rail seating ? So Burton for instance. ?

While they are in league one or lower I doubt it, interesting to see what happens if a club with normal terraces gets promoted to the championship or above and stays a while.

While they are in league one or lower I doubt it, interesting to see what happens if a club with normal terraces gets promoted to the championship or above and stays a while.

“If” we get a new stadium , to be built in a couple of years. A terrace or a rail seats stand or section ? And we are in the championship …

No way will the authorities allow open terraces in the top 2 divisions.

Looks like most of the clubs in the trial have got approval for safe standing/rail seats - Man City, Cardiff & spurs amongst them.

So alot more clubs have installed safe standing recently, can we do this in the east stand and would it improve the atmosphere in the stadium?

So alot more clubs have installed safe standing recently, can we do this in the east stand and would it improve the atmosphere in the stadium?
If the long term plans are a new stadium, I can't see us spending more money on a stadium that isn't ours and we won't be staying at.

We were promised "OxRails" in the East Stand, top 10 rows all having the rails in front at one point, which ended up being just 1 row in only 1 block, despite people liking it on that row it never went any further and has now been removed.

If the long term plans are a new stadium, I can't see us spending more money on a stadium that isn't ours and we won't be staying at.

We were promised "OxRails" in the East Stand, top 10 rows all having the rails in front at one point, which ended up being just 1 row in only 1 block, despite people liking it on that row it never went any further and has now been removed.
Bringing in rails for the top 10 rows would improve the atmosphere slightly, from morgue-like to Monday in a call-centre vibe.

Back
Top Bottom