Safe standing

PC

And the racist bit?
If I may?

I read that as one of several completely bogus attempts to link something 'good' with the all-seating policy. In the almost 30 years (that's a generation) since all-seating the attitude of just about all of the population has changed towards BAME people. The increase is not due solely to all-seater grounds and I wouldn't be that surprised if it actually works against BAME attendance - imagine having to sit for 90 minutes next to dannyc.

The other really big lie in that statement is that the increase in attendances is down to all-seaters. It is partly but other things have made as much difference, video, less stupid policing, more effective segregation and quite possibly better marketing of the game.

Apparently, all-seater stadia have ensured that we enjoy "modern, comfortable, and inviting facilities for spectators; ". f**k off to Roots Hall or a dozen other shiteholes including ours.

On the whole, though, I agree with Clive of India. The whole statement is a wordy "f**k you!" to proper football fans, over-embellished by a bunch of knob-ends who think going to Leicester is slumming it.

I have been to a stadium with safe standing in Germany.Didnt like it,middle of a row,wanted a P**s,during the game,almost impossible to get out.Imagine the North stand,A row full of fat b'stards (like me) but also a rail making it impossible to lean back/forward,then trying to squeeze past.If that is "safe" standing,then my names Nick Van Saddletramp.

MarkG

I have been to a stadium with safe standing in Germany.Didnt like it,middle of a row,wanted a P**s,during the game,almost impossible to get out.Imagine the North stand,A row full of fat b'stards (like me) but also a rail making it impossible to lean back/forward,then trying to squeeze past.If that is "safe" standing,then my names Nick Van Saddletramp.
how does it work, do you have an allocated space/seat? or is it for instance row H, block 12 so you have a choice of where you stand, or even just a block?

With respect, if your bladder can't last 45mins without requiring emptying, you should probably stick to the seated areas. Preferably close to a concourse entrance.
OK forget i'm old and drink like a fish.
You are in the middle of the row, an emergency occurs,the stadium is being evacuated,the bloke next to you falls over,how do you get out ?

As it stands (pun intended) you step over to the row in front or behind you.
With a barrier in front AND behind you that is virtually impossible.

Bring back terracing by all means,but "safe" standing ?
Not for me.

Top Bottom