General Safe standing barrier

is Oldham where Mr Mixter went? :oops: :rolleyes:;)
Their owner is not popular and there have been lots of protests, he is not reacting well. For their last home game the club did not sell any tickets to home fans, only existing season ticket holders were allowed in the ground (sale of new season tickets was also stopped) - apparently he wanted to exclude season ticket holders too but was advised it would be legally 'difficult'. He also arranged so that tickets for an away game at Orient were only on sale to season ticket holders in person at the ticket office between 10 & 3 on the Thursday/Friday directly ahead of a Saturday game, one ticket per season ticket and that season ticket holder had to be present, no buying for others.

I remember that. Were the guy who fell over about 3 rows when we equalised? That must have hurt!
Haha I didn't go that far, I was half in the aisle and fortunately missed seats but would have been in trouble if I hit a seat.

Worth the sore head though.

Alright fellas

I had a strange and some may say a wild thought come over me, over these past few days. Our support through this season has been excellent, especially away from home. However sometimes throughout this season I feel our home support at times has lacked a little bit, and I think those who were there can I agree that the noise on Saturday was just not there and the atmosphere was dire. I’ve been trying to think of ways we can bring more atmosphere into the ground and tried to pick up inspiration from all over the place, especially abroad in other countries. And there is a running theme with all these clubs who create an eletric atmosphere for there team, and that is a designated singing area. There are a few clubs in league one whos fans make tons of noise, e.g the likes of Bolton and Pompey and clubs like that. But I want Oxford to be the club we’re people say, “bloody hell were the oxford fans good today, some of the best in League one and up and down the country”. It may seem wild and out of the blue, but what about a designated sort of so called “ultras group” behind the goal in the east stand. I’m not saying hundreds of flares and pyros, but a designated part of the east stand where flags and the odd pyros and tifos are shown to get behind the boys . I’m not saying we’re gonna turn into Napoli and Ajax and the big German ultras over night, but something like this would bring a whole different level of atmosphere, not just to Oxford, but league one itself. I think the closest thing to ultras in England would be the crystal ultras behind the goal, if you look at them, there not setting of flares and pyros every game, but they have a drum, massive flags and banners, the odd tifo hear and there, marches to the stadium,all dressed in black and have great choreography. and I think something like this at Oxford will really help get behind the players and the staff, and would be a key part towards our playoff charge next season. It would be something very different, but I think if we can get 100-200 people on board, and we get our season tickets next season in a designated place, then why not go for it.

What are your thoughts?

Kerr Griffith

Alright fellas

I had a strange and some may say a wild thought come over me, over these past few days. Our support through this season has been excellent, especially away from home. However sometimes throughout this season I feel our home support at times has lacked a little bit, and I think those who were there can I agree that the noise on Saturday was just not there and the atmosphere was dire. I’ve been trying to think of ways we can bring more atmosphere into the ground and tried to pick up inspiration from all over the place, especially abroad in other countries. And there is a running theme with all these clubs who create an eletric atmosphere for there team, and that is a designated singing area. There are a few clubs in league one whos fans make tons of noise, e.g the likes of Bolton and Pompey and clubs like that. But I want Oxford to be the club we’re people say, “bloody hell were the oxford fans good today, some of the best in League one and up and down the country”. It may seem wild and out of the blue, but what about a designated sort of so called “ultras group” behind the goal in the east stand. I’m not saying hundreds of flares and pyros, but a designated part of the east stand where flags and the odd pyros and tifos are shown to get behind the boys . I’m not saying we’re gonna turn into Napoli and Ajax and the big German ultras over night, but something like this would bring a whole different level of atmosphere, not just to Oxford, but league one itself. I think the closest thing to ultras in England would be the crystal ultras behind the goal, if you look at them, there not setting of flares and pyros every game, but they have a drum, massive flags and banners, the odd tifo hear and there, marches to the stadium,all dressed in black and have great choreography. and I think something like this at Oxford will really help get behind the players and the staff, and would be a key part towards our playoff charge next season. It would be something very different, but I think if we can get 100-200 people on board, and we get our season tickets next season in a designated place, then why not go for it.

What are your thoughts?

Kerr Griffith

Except "pyro" being illegal and getting you a stadium ban, also having to shift ST holders, such a group was tried, failed/were made "uncomfortable" (see Mr Mixter), and has just re-started again ..... yep, great plan.
May I suggest using the Search facility on this very place to find all the answers you need in your quest?

Except "pyro" being illegal and getting you a stadium ban, also having to shift ST holders, such a group was tried, failed/were made "uncomfortable" (see Mr Mixter), and has just re-started again ..... yep, great plan.
May I suggest using the Search facility on this very place to find all the answers you need in your quest?
Do you think it would be something that people would like to get involved with again for the up and coming season?

Do you think it would be something that people would like to get involved with again for the up and coming season?

Well the first attempt failed when the "Liaison Officer" got heavy with the rules.

Some folk have made another attempt this season.
Will it continue? Don`t know.
Will the Club accommodate them in a "standing zone"? Not possible under current regulations.
Could the Club accommodate them in a safe standing zone in a new ground? Absolutely, yes.

Just need to get promoted then............... and build it into SB. :)

When it's time for non Kidlington residents to complete the survey asking what you'd like to see at Stratfield Brake I'll be putting safe standing.

Don't need to wait, there is no all seat restriction in L1/2

To be fair I can`t see anyone spending a bean on installing it at the Kassam.

Unless the stadco do it by stealth by just removing worn/broken seats. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom